LG Stylo 2 Plus external speakers not working after disassembly

VerminVermin

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
So, the top of my LG Stylo 2 Plus's stylus somehow broke off while it was in my phone, and it ended up being stuck inside. I couldn't coax it out with any tools, I tried for hours. I ended up needing to take apart my phone in order to remove my broken stylus. I probably did something wrong while doing so, because a bit after I reassembled my phone, my external speakers just didn't work. No music, or ringer, nothing. My internal speaker works just fine. Headphones also work just fine. What's weird is that when I attempted to call on facebook messenger to test out the internal speakers, my external speakers suddenly worked again, for about 10 seconds, and then it went silent again. What could have happened? Is there any way to repair this? I'm scared, because I don't think I've damaged my speakers itself, since it's separate from everything else and I didn't even touch it itself throughout the whole process, which makes me worry that I might have damaged the motherboard somehow.

Edit: I've been trying everything I can find to fix it. I tried using SoundAbout, and it didn't work, though it was useful to be able to channel my media into my earpiece so that I could hear it at all. I tried pressing down on my speaker, and it did nothing. I tried taking apart the phone again to fix my speaker, and nothing. I've tried calling people and recieving calls, I've tried sound testing apps and running diagnostics with the system. None of it worked. I think my phone got screwed. I really hope I can fix it, or that the phone will get better on its own. Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

Vivian Novak

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I took mine apart last week and had the same issue.

Took it apart 2 more times to find the issue. I covered the speaker input connectors with that piece of tape under the MB.

Moved the tape and it all works fine again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress