Headsets and mute

John Eakin1

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
The current android setting of single click hangs up and long press mutes is bad design in my opinion as you can mistakingly hang up when you meant to mute/unmute (Can't believe they changed to that!)

I do a lot of work from home and it's annoying to use the phone screen to mute/unmute. Would much prefer a switch/button on the headset with single click.

Is there any way to swap the default android behaviour to single tap for mute/unmute and long press for hangup?

I assume you can't even buy a 3.5mm jack headset that has a mute switch as I'm not sure that's supported on audio jack? (If using audio jack and mic is cut off would the phone revert to using its own mic)

John Eakin1

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Yea that's almost what I want, but I really want it to be obvious if I have mistakingly left the mic on unmute, with normal Bluetooth headsets the button is on the side of your head so you can't see if it's on/off, I really want a visible indicator.

The following looks close, but because it's a 3.5mm jack do you think the mute switch on this would actually mute the call? Or will it just not work? (it might actually hangup because it thinks it's like a single tap on the standard headset button)

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32930929416.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress