Tango Video Chat

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Tango appears to be a much better implementation of video chat (cross platform no less) than Qik and Fring. Easier to register, easier to use, more reliable, better video quality. All around superior to the alternatives. I'm anxious to see what happens, however, when more and more start using it. I'm expecting quality and reliability to drop. Hope not. Good stuff so far.

Downloaded the updated Tango, and other than automatically loading any contacts who happen to have loaded it (instead of me 'friending' them) when I tried to make a call, it kept saying 'could not access network'.

Hmph...

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
tango is finally working as expected, before they had network issues, but not its working flawlessly, i was able to video chat with 2 iphone 4 users and amazing quality

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded tango and it works well, then the next day i had to charge 3 times. I looked at spare parts and it said that tango used most of it... any suggestions?

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Holy s h I t. Finally a nice video chat app, I've done 4 different video call to different evos, my wifes epic n my friends iphone4 n even he agrees that he likes it better than facetime, a few audio things they need to fix but i knw they will, love this app

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Holy s h I t. Finally a nice video chat app, I've done 4 different video call to different evos, my wifes epic n my friends iphone4 n even he agrees that he likes it better than facetime, a few audio things they need to fix but i knw they will, love this app

i agree it is great!

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
installed on my stock EVO and tried it with my son (iphone4) connected via WiFi. worked great and i liked being able to switch front to back cameras. video chat for 15 minutes - battery: 75 down to 68. i FC when done.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded tango and it works well, then the next day i had to charge 3 times. I looked at spare parts and it said that tango used most of it... any suggestions?

Same here - uninstalled and anxiously awaiting a version that doesn't kill my battery. The couple tests I did with it were great.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

did u update to the new version, because i had that problem when it first came out, then i updated, now i have no problem at all with battery

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
my battery drain was phenomenal.
quickly uninstalled.
didn't even get a chance to call anyone. dropped about 20% in about half an hour. this is a no go :(

i can't wait to try it, though.

couldn't the dev just add a feature that would send a text to the intended recipient that stated, "username ______ is attempting to call you. please access Tango to allow a video connection". this would thus negate the necessity to keep Tango running in the background to receive calls.

1. choose contact
2. press NOTIFY
3. intended recipient receives text with above message
4. intended recipient then replies with pre-determined text message
5. both parties are then accessing Tango ONLY when both parties are wishing to speak.
battery drain is no longer a problem.

maybe i'm overlooking something, apart from the app's access to SMS capabilities--which most apps already do.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
yea the video is great, but need that sleep issue resolved before i can keep using it.

I hope the devs are listening, tho I think someone should go on their forums and tell them it's being discussed elsewhere - they have a good product, it's the fine points of sleep and refinement that need to be addressed.

1. Sleeping
2. An actual EXIT to the app. Like Fring where folks are reported offline or not.
3. An option to add folks I choose instead of seeing anyone in my contacts who happens to have Tango installed. I do not want to video chat with business people or recruiters who happen to be playing with this application unless I choose to.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Until it has a phone to desktop option.. Not woth it.
If they can somhow manage this through gtalk or something...It would probably trump all the other video chat programs out there.

I tried imovicha for evo. It does phone to desktop. But the quality of the video is terible. Plus the desktop user only has a small window to view the video.

With all these new phones coming out with front facing camera's... Tango could become really popular.

I would actually be willing to pay up to $4.99 for Tango if it had clear video and had the desktop option.

DmitryS

Oct 5, 2010
www.Tango.me
I hope the devs are listening, tho I think someone should go on their forums and tell them it's being discussed elsewhere - they have a good product, it's the fine points of sleep and refinement that need to be addressed.

1. Sleeping
2. An actual EXIT to the app. Like Fring where folks are reported offline or not.
3. An option to add folks I choose instead of seeing anyone in my contacts who happens to have Tango installed. I do not want to video chat with business people or recruiters who happen to be playing with this application unless I choose to.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we are listening to all your suggestions.

We want to thank everyone for trying out our application, and for all of the comments we get about video quality and ease of setup. This application has been the product of a year of hard work by a small team of dedicated engineers and developers.

Last Saturday we pushed out an update to the Market addressing the application popping up when it was being cleared from memory. Thanks to everyone that emailed us and helped us solve the issue.

The battery drain is due to Tango keeping your phone on partial wake in order to receive calls. We are hoping to have a fix for this in the next week or two, along with the added ability to install to SD card. Easily exiting the application and privacy settings are also high on the agenda.

It's been a very hectic few days at the office since our product launch last Thursday, and the interest in Tango has exceeded even our highest expectations. We hope you keep using Tango in the meantime and we welcome any additional feedback that you have.

Thanks again from the entire Tango Team.

Dmitry S.
User Experience
Tango

Reactions: intheb0x

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know that we are listening to all your suggestions.

We want to thank everyone for trying out our application, and for all of the comments we get about video quality and ease of setup. This application has been the product of a year of hard work by a small team of dedicated engineers and developers.

Last Saturday we pushed out an update to the Market addressing the application popping up when it was being cleared from memory. Thanks to everyone that emailed us and helped us solve the issue.

The battery drain is due to Tango keeping your phone on partial wake in order to receive calls. We are hoping to have a fix for this in the next week or two, along with the added ability to install to SD card. Easily exiting the application and privacy settings are also high on the agenda.

It's been a very hectic few days at the office since our product launch last Thursday, and the interest in Tango has exceeded even our highest expectations. We hope you keep using Tango in the meantime and we welcome any additional feedback that you have.

Thanks again from the entire Tango Team.

Dmitry S.
User Experience
Tango
Awesome support dude. Now if only I could get your app to recognize my contacts, Im sure Ill use it all the time. Thanks for taking the time to make this app and making it free for us tech lovers out here. Amazing how you guys can create an app and the quality(from what Im reading) outshines those who have been doing this for years.