Tango Video Chat

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
? So I have an EVO...but my sis doesn't have a front facing camera on her Galaxy S phone with TMobile. If we have this app can she see me even if i can't see her?

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I only had the previous version for less than a day because I read all the comments about it draining the battery. I downloaded the last version and it seems they fixed it. My phone was full charge around 1:30am and when I woke up at 7:10am it was at 91%. That's about the same as without Tango.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had any network connection issues with Tango? I tried to show it to a friend who has an EVO as well. We were sitting next to each other, and we both had strong signals, but it kept saying that the network connection was not adequate. Anyone else encounter this?

I have used it before with other people, and never had this happen. Just curious if it is a one time issue.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
2 phones right on top of each other both trying to use bandwidth intensive applications *can* interfere with each other and actually greatly increase your ping which could disrupt your video chatting. Try putting a little bit of space between you two and try again.

Reactions: drjb74

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
dl'ed--installed--

video chat with a Captivate (back camera) and it was actually pretty good quality. minimal lag, adequate sound quality.
glad they finally fixed the battery drain (supposedly fixed)

uninstalled after realizing no one i knew had a front-facing camera, ha

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
2 phones right on top of each other both trying to use bandwidth intensive applications *can* interfere with each other and actually greatly increase your ping which could disrupt your video chatting. Try putting a little bit of space between you two and try again.

I've noticed that as well. When I tried calling my wife's phone, it wouldn't work and I was frustrated...but then when I called from farther away, it worked like a charm.

saxd45

May 19, 2010
Visit site
i cant get any contacts to show up. i have my wifes hero with tango on it, and neither my evo or her hero show any contacts

any ideas?

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i cant get any contacts to show up. i have my wifes hero with tango on it, and neither my evo or her hero show any contacts

any ideas?

Here are some steps that may help you directly from Tango's help forums: (Taken from Tango.me)

Check the following to resolve this matter.

1. Contacts may need to be refreshed. For iPhone, exit and open the app. For Android, from Tango Contacts tab, tap the handset's menu button and tap Refresh contacts.
2. Country code must be correct. From Setting tab, tap on Profile, tap on Country Code to ensure you choose your Country. Tap Save button.
3. Friends must register to be seen from your Tango Contacts. Check with your friends that they have registered successfully.
4. You and your partner may need to validate your account to be visible to partners. For iPhone, go to your SMS messages, and tap on the Tango validation link. For Android, you do not have to do anything after the SMS arrives.
5. Verify that your friend's phone number appears correctly from your handset's contact list.
6. Uninstall and reinstall Tango. Be sure to validate the SMS link for iPhone.