WebOS Messenger equivalent on Android?

maskedferret

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have recently moved from WebOS to Android and am trying to find an application to replace the functionality of WebOS Messenger; specifically the ability to merge various messaging protocols into a single thread.

For those not familiar with how WebOS Messenger works, let's say a friend regularly communicates with me across various protocols (SMS, GTalk, and AIM). I am able to communicate with him with Messenger across any of these protocols on the fly all through a single conversation thread by selecting the protocol of choice with a drop-down control option.

Scouring the Android Market, the best I can find are IM aggregate programs like Trillian and Meebo; both of which only bundle protocols together into the same app. I'd have to talk to my friend on GTalk and AIM across different screen names / conversation threads; not to mention there's no support for SMS.

Does an application exist for Android that can mimic the single thread / multi protocol feature of WebOS? If not, what would be the feasibility of creating one? I ask this second question because I am having difficulty finding an application that just bundles SMS and GTalk alone; is there some sort of OS limitation?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily. Maybe a developer haven't thought of doing so. I know exactly what you're talking about...unfortunately their isn't an application on the market that can do what you want. Who would think a platform like this - doesn't have such an application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38