Help please....When I got the phone last week I had it all setup the way I wanted, apps and all. When I updated to 2.1 I couldnt add a speed dial, so I had to reset the phone and lost all the apps I downloaded from Android Market. The Verizon rep said when the phone resets they will all reappear. NEVER HAPPENED. Is there a way of saving the apps from Android market in case something happens with the phone again?
    05-17-2010 07:16 AM
    I was told something similar by a VZ rep when I needed to wipe my device. I backed up my apps and settings with Astro File Manager, but it did not catch everything. Once the phone was back up and running, I was not able to get a list of my apps from the marketplace and had to reload them from the Astro backup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    05-17-2010 08:15 AM
    If you are taking about your paid apps astro will not be much help as you will not get updates from the market.
    Theres really nothing better than just redownloading them for free.
    05-17-2010 09:01 AM
    If you are taking about your paid apps astro will not be much help as you will not get updates from the market.
    Theres really nothing better than just redownloading them for free.
    So in other words, write down everything you have downloaded before proceeding.
    05-17-2010 10:12 AM
    The first time you go back into the marketplace after you have wiped it, all the apps you had installed before the wipe will be listed under "Downloads". But the free apps will only appear that first time. If you back out of it and go back in, only the apps you paid for will be listed (assuming you set your phone up with the same google account as before).

Since it sounds like you didn't look at "Downloads" yet, it is possible that they are still listed.
    JMusic likes this.
    05-17-2010 10:20 AM
    The first time you go back into the marketplace after you have wiped it, all the apps you had installed before the wipe will be listed under "Downloads". But the free apps will only appear that first time. If you back out of it and go back in, only the apps you paid for will be listed (assuming you set your phone up with the same google account as before).

Since it sounds like you didn't look at "Downloads" yet, it is possible that they are still listed.
    Correct.
    05-17-2010 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD