Backing up Marketplace apps HELP

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Help please....When I got the phone last week I had it all setup the way I wanted, apps and all. When I updated to 2.1 I couldnt add a speed dial, so I had to reset the phone and lost all the apps I downloaded from Android Market. The Verizon rep said when the phone resets they will all reappear. NEVER HAPPENED. Is there a way of saving the apps from Android market in case something happens with the phone again?

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I was told something similar by a VZ rep when I needed to wipe my device. I backed up my apps and settings with Astro File Manager, but it did not catch everything. Once the phone was back up and running, I was not able to get a list of my apps from the marketplace and had to reload them from the Astro backup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

R

Roy Aguilera

If you are taking about your paid apps astro will not be much help as you will not get updates from the market.
Theres really nothing better than just redownloading them for free.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are taking about your paid apps astro will not be much help as you will not get updates from the market.
Theres really nothing better than just redownloading them for free.

So in other words, write down everything you have downloaded before proceeding.

paul_aka_paul

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
The first time you go back into the marketplace after you have wiped it, all the apps you had installed before the wipe will be listed under "Downloads". But the free apps will only appear that first time. If you back out of it and go back in, only the apps you paid for will be listed (assuming you set your phone up with the same google account as before).

Since it sounds like you didn't look at "Downloads" yet, it is possible that they are still listed.

R

Roy Aguilera

The first time you go back into the marketplace after you have wiped it, all the apps you had installed before the wipe will be listed under "Downloads". But the free apps will only appear that first time. If you back out of it and go back in, only the apps you paid for will be listed (assuming you set your phone up with the same google account as before).

Since it sounds like you didn't look at "Downloads" yet, it is possible that they are still listed.

Correct.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87