07-11-2013 08:24 AM
578 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    @maildroid

I'm running 1.37. Looks like some nice new features, but hard to tell...This version seems way slower than 1.32....

It can take 5-10 seconds to open a mail box. Several seconds to delete an email, 3-5 seconds to return to the mail box selection screen, etc.

If I had my choice at this point, I'd go back to 1.32.
    08-17-2010 09:55 AM
    @virtual69

The only way that could happen is if you are running a very old POP3 server which does not support the TOP command. Is that the case? Everyone else has seen massive improvements in speed.
    08-17-2010 10:01 AM
    I can also report that it's slow on both POP and IMAP accounts. I'd say it seems slower than before but may be about the same. It is definitely not faster.

While I like the idea of showing how many unread in each account I'm finding it can severely under-report the number of unread messages. For instance it will show, say, 5 unread. I open that account and there are 5 unread. If I immediately press the load older button I might get 10 more and then 10 more after that, etc. So rather than the initially indicated 5 it might really be 25. For now I've set the older count to 100 in the hopes that it acts as a default value from now on.

1.37 beta on stock Droid 2.2
    08-17-2010 10:21 AM
    @azjerry

1. What is slow? Opening an email, or going to your inbox?
    2. Correct! Remember POP3 does not support any way to talk to the server and find out read/unread. Any new mail you get from POP3 will always be marked as unread locally, even if it is marked as read on the server,
    08-17-2010 10:47 AM
    @maildroid

Sorry, but this version is seriously hosed. I'm running UWashington's 2007e Imap server.

It's very slow.

I just sent myself a half dozen test emails from my shell account with no subject. The first email that came in had the same subject as the previous email in my account. (ie, since it had no subject, it took the one from the message before it.)

After deleting all those test emails, MD is now intermittently showing 2 copies of some emails in the mailbox (using Thunderbird shows the mailbox is what it should be).

The new email notification is not working properly.

If I delete emails from Thunderbird, MD doesn't recognize that without having to refresh the mailbox several times, even after waiting 10 minutes for MD to try and refresh things itself.

I have used an iPhone, Thunderbird, and Outlook with the same accounts for years and have none of these issues whatsoever.

Is there anyway to go back down to 1.32? Can you make it available on Slideme?
    08-17-2010 10:51 AM
    If you want a 1.32 version, shoot me an email.
    08-17-2010 11:03 AM
    Just wanted to point out that although some people are having issues, many users have sent me emails saying that this version blows away the old one.

So, I am hopeful that you guys will upgrade eventually, as it will be solved for all of you.
    08-17-2010 11:14 AM
    @maildroid

Just had 1.37 crash. I sent you the bug report.

Interestingly enough, it got faster for a little bit after the crash. Now it's slow again.

Also, did you increase the amount of time that the delete/move/flag/etc menu comes up when pressing down on an email? That seems to take longer to come up as well (too long).

I'll send you an email for the 1.32 version. I'd be happy to test any new versions.
    08-17-2010 11:24 AM
    I guess you got a: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

This is one of the big errors that some users are getting. It is also why you are seeing double emails. I already fixed this in a few places, but adding even more checks to solve other cases where it may happen. 1.38 hopefully will go out tonight, let's see.

I did not increase the time for any of those functions. However, due to the exception mentioned above, you may see other things slow down (maybe).
    08-17-2010 11:30 AM
    If I remember correctly, it was a java.lang.OutOfMemory.

I also just received another 'unspecified' error that I sent to you as well.
    08-17-2010 11:51 AM
    Any chance that the delete on phone feature will be available on a per message basis as opposed to the email address?
    08-17-2010 11:55 AM
    @virtual69, you have 1.32 in your inbox. Question: What device do you have? Is it a 1.5 or 1.6 android phone?

@bruinfanjb, Eventually.
    08-17-2010 12:16 PM
    @azjerry

1. What is slow? Opening an email, or going to your inbox?
    2. Correct! Remember POP3 does not support any way to talk to the server and find out read/unread. Any new mail you get from POP3 will always be marked as unread locally, even if it is marked as read on the server,
    1. All of the above When I say slow I guess I really mean as slow as before which means no noticeable improvement in the speed of the app except the folder chooser. I do realize that a large portion of the speed is dependent on network speed, mail server response, etc.

Appreciate that the folder chooser is alphabetical now, Thanks.

2. Actually my 2 POP accounts are very low volume and wasn't referring to them. I know POP is, relatively speaking, pretty stupid.

I was referring to IMAP accounts where the unread count was low. For two of my IMAP accounts one initially showed 5 unread when there was a total of 15 or so and the other showed 7 where the total was over 20.
    08-17-2010 12:40 PM
    How long does the deletion take, I deleted a few emails and they are still showing as flagged for deletion hours later?
    08-17-2010 01:47 PM
    @maildroid

Got 1.32, thanks!

I'm running a Captivate @2.1. w/Launcher Pro and rooted. Otherwise, it's stock.

Got the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError again, and again, it was snappy for a bit after that.
    08-17-2010 02:34 PM
    Any update on the Reply and Forward flags?
    08-17-2010 02:48 PM
    How intrusive are the ads on this program? I was going to give it a try but noticed in the market it said ad supported. It is cool its offered for free but I'd prefer a paid version without ads.
    08-17-2010 03:12 PM
    sometimes the led notification does not light up when mail is received.
    08-17-2010 04:08 PM
    Just downloaded the latest version and testing it out. Why is MD showing 2 copies of an email when I sent a test email from either Gmail, Hotmail, etc. to the yahoo account on MD? However, if I send an email from my hosting account email it is fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also I'm not getting no notifications whether I choose "Let Device Sleep" or "Wake Up Every 15 minutes". It worked a few minutes initially, but nothing now. The notification will trigger when I unlock the screen and go to the application and hit Refresh, otherwise I get no notification. I was hoping that the notification thing was fixed in this release because it's frustrating having to go into the app every time to see if new email is there.

One question though....does the background data sync needs to be checked on my phone in order to get the email notifications?

Any plans to allow attachment of any sort of file to an email from the phone memory or SD card? Right now when I click the attach option I only get like gallery, music player, etc. and don't get any option to select a file from any folder.

Yes "reply to" flag would be a nice addition.
    08-17-2010 04:13 PM
    I having a problem after the app has been running for awhile. It acts like it quits talking to the server. I can't delete anything not refresh mail. a reboot allows it to work again for a little while.

I do not think I'm doing anything different, but not sure.
    08-17-2010 06:42 PM
    I tried Maildroid today and it was fine, but there were two annoyances that made me uninstall, at least for now. One is that the ads running on the bottom of the screen, really bothered me way to much. It took all the fun out of it and distracted me while I was looking at my mail. I know it is not on all the time, but it is distracting. Second, the icon was driving me nuts. Please offer a more palatable icon that doesn't spook me out. I know these are trivial, but just the smallest littlest details can change a person's opinion.
    08-17-2010 07:57 PM
    Dunno why everyone is so "creeped" out by the icon....I like it.
    08-17-2010 08:31 PM
    Dunno why everyone is so "creeped" out by the icon....I like it.
    I also like it.

Reminds me of replicators from SG1 TV show.
    08-17-2010 08:35 PM
    Anyone want to try 1.38? It has all the fixes. Specifically, people who have had issues.
    08-17-2010 09:13 PM
    I tried Maildroid today and it was fine, but there were two annoyances that made me uninstall, at least for now. One is that the ads running on the bottom of the screen, really bothered me way to much. It took all the fun out of it and distracted me while I was looking at my mail. I know it is not on all the time, but it is distracting. Second, the icon was driving me nuts. Please offer a more palatable icon that doesn't spook me out. I know these are trivial, but just the smallest littlest details can change a person's opinion.
    get over it . Its a droid, mail droid icon...
    08-17-2010 09:20 PM
578 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD