ADW Launcher

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I just started using the ADW Launcher. Now the problem is that I can't find widgets for it. When I used Launcher Pro I was able to find widgets for it but not having much luck with this one. Is there an app is can download. I only need a calendar, calculator, and toggle switches.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For calendar, you can use jorte. (free)
For toggle switches since you aren't rooted (I am) pick up HD widgets 2.0.
They are weather widgets but have toggles in them. AMAZING Widgets for 2.00.
You liking adw?
I was using sense, then go but when I put CM7 on I am using the modified adw and want folders :)

AsinX

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I like LauncherPro personally. I used to use ADW but switched over. Theyre both dead as far as updates go though.

londonham

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it today and I have two questions:

1) how do I revert back to the default/stock launcher without having to uninstall?

2) the quick contact widget is not showing up, is this a problem for anyone else? Any ideas for contact widgets?

Thanks.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a Motorola phone you can't switch motoblur back as default.

Other phones you can use home switcher to handle it.

Sent from my rooted Atrix using Tapatalk.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola phone, but no motoblur.

Can you go to settings/applications/manage applications/all/ scroll to ADW and uncheck "use as default"?

Then, when you press the home key, you should have a choice of launchers....

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Question, I have EX, and I see that it now has an ICS looking landscape pic on it's market add. Why can't I find any options to make that overlay?? Think its just an ICS port they used?? It would look great on my tablet...

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Need to set Default Home screen

I just got ADW Launcher EX to use on my Droid X for $0.10 and started using it. I want to set a Default Home Screen, so when I am in an application and I push the HOME button, it always goes to the same home screen. I follow the instructions shown in the video (while in home screen, press the MENU button, tap "edit", scroll to the screen you want as default, tap the "home icon" and a pop up window says "Default Screen".

It sounds like it should work, but it does not.

I could not find any setting in the ADW Launcher EX settings to do this.

What am I doing wrong?

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need to set Default Home screen

I just got ADW Launcher EX to use on my Droid X for $0.10 and started using it. I want to set a Default Home Screen, so when I am in an application and I push the HOME button, it always goes to the same home screen. I follow the instructions shown in the video (while in home screen, press the MENU button, tap "edit", scroll to the screen you want as default, tap the "home icon" and a pop up window says "Default Screen".

It sounds like it should work, but it does not.

I could not find any setting in the ADW Launcher EX settings to do this.

What am I doing wrong?

OK, found it ... I answered my own question ... now that the default desktop is chosen, go to ...

ADW Settings\General Behavior\Gestures\Home button binding\Move to default desktop

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Go Launcher ex is the best. And it's free from what I remember. The dude at vzw almost didn't honor my warranty because I have my DInc2 so tricked out. He thought for sure I was rooted.

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Got it for .10 this week. Still can't get used to it. It just isn't as polished as GO Launcher. Also, theming is a joke on ADW compared to GO

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher ex is the best. And it's free from what I remember. The dude at vzw almost didn't honor my warranty because I have my DInc2 so tricked out. He thought for sure I was rooted.

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Rooting should not effect warranty. But then again the people at stores are idiots.

Worse case you do a quick factor reset and those same idiots could never tell the difference.

UncleVanya

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it today and I have two questions:

1) how do I revert back to the default/stock launcher without having to uninstall?

2) the quick contact widget is not showing up, is this a problem for anyone else? Any ideas for contact widgets?

Thanks.

Widgets / Contact Quick Tasks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87