Google Music won't let me upload...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes to manage all my music, and for my phone, I use Google Music. I uploaded about 700 songs to begin with, and when I would get new songs that I wanted to upload, I'd simply make a "New Music" playlist in iTunes, and have the Music Manager upload that playlist to Google Music.

Now, though, I can't seem to get the Music Manager to recognize new songs in the iTunes playlist... I've added about 13 songs to the playlist over the last two weeks, and every time I've tried to upload them, the Music Manager shows the playlist as having 0 new songs...

Just for clarification, I'm nowhere near the 20000 song limit (not even to 800 yet, honestly...), so that's not the issue.

Anyone else have this problem, and know how to correct it? Kinda sucks not being able to upload new music...

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This isn't unusual. There seems to be significant lag times between the time you add new songs to iTunes to the time the music manager recognizes that new songs are available to upload. Be patient, they'll show up eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, the strange thing is, though, previously, all my iTunes playlists (as in, other playlists I had but didn't want the songs uploaded to Google Music) always showed in the Music Manager as having x amount of songs available to upload. But now, in Music Manager, all my playlists show as 0 songs to upload. I know it can take a little while for new songs to be "found" by Music Manager, but it's been over two weeks, now, and the playlists still all show as having 0 songs to upload.

Today, I uninstalled and reinstalled Music Manager, and it did let me upload the new ones I had wanted to upload, but right after that, it went back to showing all my playlists as having 0 songs to upload. So, unless I find a proper solution, I'm apparently going to have uninstall and reinstall the Music Manager every time I want to add new songs. @_@

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I find the Music Manager program to be a fickle piece of software. It really needs to be re-written from the bottom up. The problem you describe is similar to mine, different in only I don't use iTunes but specific directories. I've found if you go to the 'Advanced' tab and select 'change sources' (or something like that), go through the various pop-ups and eventually it'll start uploading the music. Hacky, for sure, but you shouldn't have to uninstall/re-install to get it to work. If that doens't work, try signing out/signing in.

TJH