Best SMS app?

JBurger538

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Do either of these apps (chomp or handcent) use your contacts to send a sms? I am having trouble with the stock application and the app that verizon suggested doesn't use my contacts and it is a pain to work with since I can only remember a few of the contacts mobile numbers.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Do either of these apps (chomp or handcent) use your contacts to send a sms? I am having trouble with the stock application and the app that verizon suggested doesn't use my contacts and it is a pain to work with since I can only remember a few of the contacts mobile numbers.

When I used Handcent and Chomp all I had to do was start to type someone's name and it would show up in a drop down box. Then, all I had to do was select their name. I'm using the stock app now and it does the same for me. (Using a Samsung Moment)

ajpipp

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really like Handcent solved all the issues I was having and marked texting much more enjoyable.

Sent from my evo 4g using Tapatalk

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Been using handcent and it has problems sending MMS. I haven't really explored the issue much so it could be a setting on my end but it really frustrated me today. Just wanted to send a pic to my son who is away from home and he never got it.

I'm going to give chomp a try and attempt to solve the handcent issue later. Will let ya' all know if I figure something out.

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I just highlight the pic and choose send from the list of email, facebook, etc.

I could be wrong but I think chomp bypasses the sending of MMS.....

Yep...eactly what I did and selected Handcent...no workie...just kept showing a spinning icon which showed up again even after a FC. Only way to get it to disappear was to send another message to someone. Weird but like I said it could be me. I will play with it later.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez