06-21-2010 05:17 PM
35 12
tools
    chompSMS is using ads right now? no thanks, I hate having ads on apps if I can possibly avoid it.
    06-17-2010 12:20 PM
    chompSMS is using ads right now? no thanks, I hate having ads on apps if I can possibly avoid it.
    yes it does....almost all my apps do.
    I don't mind it....had it on ubertwitter on my BB.
    06-18-2010 08:45 AM
    Do either of these apps (chomp or handcent) use your contacts to send a sms? I am having trouble with the stock application and the app that verizon suggested doesn't use my contacts and it is a pain to work with since I can only remember a few of the contacts mobile numbers.
    When I used Handcent and Chomp all I had to do was start to type someone's name and it would show up in a drop down box. Then, all I had to do was select their name. I'm using the stock app now and it does the same for me. (Using a Samsung Moment)
    06-18-2010 09:32 AM
    HandCent SMS is the best sms app
    06-18-2010 10:25 AM
    Chomp rocks...just don't like the message that appears saying it can't download mms (it shows up if you disable the native client)
    06-21-2010 12:27 PM
    I really like Handcent solved all the issues I was having and marked texting much more enjoyable.

Sent from my evo 4g using Tapatalk
    06-21-2010 01:12 PM
    I really like SMS popup.
    06-21-2010 02:40 PM
    Been using handcent and it has problems sending MMS. I haven't really explored the issue much so it could be a setting on my end but it really frustrated me today. Just wanted to send a pic to my son who is away from home and he never got it.

I'm going to give chomp a try and attempt to solve the handcent issue later. Will let ya' all know if I figure something out.
    06-21-2010 05:05 PM
    I just highlight the pic and choose send from the list of email, facebook, etc.

I could be wrong but I think chomp bypasses the sending of MMS.....
    06-21-2010 05:12 PM
    I just highlight the pic and choose send from the list of email, facebook, etc.

I could be wrong but I think chomp bypasses the sending of MMS.....
    Yep...eactly what I did and selected Handcent...no workie...just kept showing a spinning icon which showed up again even after a FC. Only way to get it to disappear was to send another message to someone. Weird but like I said it could be me. I will play with it later.

Thanks!
    06-21-2010 05:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD