Google Chrome: still buggy and unstable for me

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm running stock ICS on my AT&T Galaxy S II. Upgraded last week to the new version and immediately downloaded Chrome. I thought I would love it, especially the way it can access my desktop bookmarks.

Unfortunately, it crashed several times, taking the phone down with it a couple of times. While I was browsing on the full AT&T web site (I have the app, but I needed the full web site for a specific reason), it wouldn't let me back out of it. It just kept taking me "back" to the same page I was on. I couldn't find any way to exit the program and dump the memory and cache files other than doing a force stop in the apps manager.

Am I missing an easier way to close the app without going through that? Anyone else having any of these issues? I really want to use and like this app, but so far it is frustrating and unstable. Colore me unimpressed but hopeful. I have since uninstalled it until it improves...dramatically.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my tablet. I use Chrome for my banks website only since Dolphin Pad doesn't like the website. Otherwise Dolphin Pad is the superior browser sadly. Hoping JB brings a stable and excellent version of chrome...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty