Help! Podcast stuck downloading in notifications

reno55

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I had been using pocket cast for my Podcasts. Well as of last night it is stuck in the notification area that it's downloading however I have the app set to only download over wifi.

I have Tryed everything to stop it and it won't stop. I even uninstalled the app.

I fear its affecting my battery. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X

jefeder1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing same problem on S3. Cannot get rid of download/notification. Appears to co-incide with faster batter drain.

Even unistalled and reinstalled app and obtained new complete download of episode. Orphan remains.

lsvortex

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever have luck solving this issue? I have both my S3 and Tab 2 10.1 with a download notification stuck (and huge battery drain) thanks to pocket casts. I have tried stopping the media app (actually have stopped just about every app that is running but nothing will kill the notification. Not looking forward to the old factory reset but might be my last option.

dudemanmcchill

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey! If it's not too late, or at least to help anybody else out, I had the exact same issue. I resolved it by uninstalling Pocket Casts and clearing the cache on a stock app called "download manager" which for some reason doesn't show up under running processes. Just go to the "all" tab in the settings-applications menu to find it!

Reactions: ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! This solution worked for me. Had a Pocket Casts download stuck. I also had to clear DATA in the download manager to get it to go away. Now to re-install Pocket Casts and start re-downloading my podcasts i haven't listed to yet :(

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Pocket cast is a great app but the downloading is terrible. I only download over wifi and downloading makes the phone barely usable. In some cases I also get ANR. Also, when it completes playing a podcast, the phone is non responsive for 5-10 seconds, probably while they delete the played episode.

Instead of adding new features to the app they should fix this basic problem first. It's got to the point that I started to look for alternatives.

ForTheGlory

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Never had a problem with Pocket Casts until now. No plans for me to switch. Bugs happen. Just glad I didn't have to hard reset to fix this, thanks to the AC Forums. You guys are the best!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez