Hey all, I'm new here but was looking for an outlet to announce applications. I have just finished up my first Android App and was hoping for some reviews/comments/suggestions. Criticism Encouraged!

Text Messenger is a simple away message application for your Android phone. There is a full version for $1, and a DEMO version (where you cannot change the default away message) for FREE.

Give it a try, then give it a Buy!
    06-28-2010 09:52 PM
    Where is the app? Market?
    06-28-2010 10:02 PM
    Yes, you can find it in the Android Marketplace. Either search "Text Messenger" or "Robott Creations".
    06-28-2010 10:05 PM
    EDIT: updated barcodes to go directly to Android Market, rather than through AndroidZoom.

Just checking in to see if anyone had a chance to review my app, and had any comments/suggestions/criticism?

To make it easier to find I will post some barcodes (DEMO and Full Version) for the apps.

Thanks.
    07-01-2010 06:33 PM
    I like the silence button. I emailed the maker of Auto Responder and he said a silence button was outside the scope of his app.?.
    Does the paid one have more than one away message? For driving, at movies, in meeting....
    07-02-2010 06:31 AM
    I think am going to give this is whirl. It looks quite promising. I've seen some other ones that do auto replies by groups and times and all sorts of filters, I don't think that is very necessary. when I am away I am away and that is what I would tell a friend or a coworker.
    Has anyone used this app and seen how is fairs with battery usage?
    07-02-2010 01:40 PM
    I like the silence button. I emailed the maker of Auto Responder and he said a silence button was outside the scope of his app.?.
    Does the paid one have more than one away message? For driving, at movies, in meeting....
    Thanks for giving my app a try. In the paid version the Away Message is totally customizable, so you can type any message you would like (you can even get rid of the "[away message by Text Messenger on Android]" section of the message if you would like).

If you have any suggestions, I would happy to consider them for any upgrade. I was thinking about putting Customizable Preset Away Message, for things such as "At a meeting" etc.
    07-02-2010 03:21 PM
    I think am going to give this is whirl. It looks quite promising. I've seen some other ones that do auto replies by groups and times and all sorts of filters, I don't think that is very necessary. when I am away I am away and that is what I would tell a friend or a coworker.
    Has anyone used this app and seen how is fairs with battery usage?
    It is nice to hear that, simplicity is exactly what I was going for. Something you can just open up and say you're away within a couple seconds.

Battery usage has seemed fine throughout my longevity tests, but I would also like to hear what others think regarding this.
    07-02-2010 03:23 PM
    I read all the suggestions, and am trying to get them in ASAP.
    Here are some features to hold you over until the next Update.

New to Version 1.5
    ------------------
    * Custom preset Away Messages
    - Easy interaction via Context Menu
    * Enable/Disable Notifications
    * Text Forwarding (Currently only supports other Phone #s)
    * Minor Cosmetic Fixes

More Updates Coming Soon!
    07-07-2010 01:39 AM
    More features have been added to Text Messenger!

You now have the ability to reply to "Contacts Only", Schedule Away Messages to turn on/off at certain times, and Forward text messages to another cell phone number.

Check it out!
    07-22-2010 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD