Any Discrete Stereo Audio Equalizer Apps?

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
All I can find are simple apps that apply audio equalization to both channels. I want one that allows me to adjust each channel separately, like a real equalizer. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7

dpbaril

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching high and low for the same thing. Wasn't sure what to call it. On iPhone the app Equalizer from Audioforge provides this functionality. So far on Android I've found players that have equalizers and provide "balance" (aka "pan"?) to adjust overall level between left and right side but not the ability to adjust the "gain" at various frequencies. Not sure if I'm using the right terminology, as I am not an audio professional (just in case it wasn't obvious by now! :) just a hearing impaired user looking to improve my listening experience.

There is also an app called "Soundbest" (from SKPlanet) that actually does an audio test on your hearing and then adjusts the left and right levels accordingly. It's actually pretty good but does not allow you to tweak it manually.

What I like about the Equalizer app (Android version from Smart Android Apps, LLC) is that it embeds itself as the system sound effects app so that your settings apply to all apps. I've written to them requesting that they provide separate equalization for each channel but have not heard back.

Let me know if you find anything else.

Cheers,

David Baril
Almonte ON

Gosku

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you find something? I'm looking for a equalizer that lets me to adjust the balance...

I have a good earphones, but the right speaker is lower than the left, so a equalizer like that would solve my problem...

jaws365

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I am looking for the same thing as my earphones have become unbalanced. All the suggestion I can find does not have stereo panning. Why do people recommend programs that don't have stereo panning (when the question is obvious!)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana