09-26-2010 12:26 PM
126 1234 ...
tools
    Dev said 2 weeks (on Monday).
    I would say that it should be ready before Next Friday.
    3.0 is working fine its just a matter of coding the new feed in and testing that.
    Cool!
    07-27-2010 08:54 PM
    Fancy Widgets is having the same updating issues. I deleted it and downloaded Weatherbug (free version). It's working beautifully and is updating very accurately and also provides a lot more detailed information by comparison. I'm using Weatherbug in combination with DigiClock on my homescreen and the two small widgets next to each other look great and aren't as in-your-face as BW or FW. You can set both apps to have clear/transparent backgrounds and the appearance of the text floating on the homescreen looks great in my opinion. I like this setup much better.
    prubin likes this.
    07-27-2010 10:30 PM
    Do anyone know how much of a chance of the old original Beautiful Widget with the Sense Clock will still work with Droid X 2.2 update when it comes out? I'm one that is stuck in my ways and I really don't want to change to the new clocks styles, I've tried them and they just are not as good.
    07-27-2010 10:49 PM
    I purchased Beautiful Widgets a few days ago based on recommendations and saw the same bug:
    - time sometimes did not update
    - weather did not update
    - widget was very unresponsive

I was actually embarrassed the few times I tried to show it off. People thought that Android itself was bad. Great ad for Apple's iphone!

I found it to be a terrible program. I can't believe they actually charge for something so buggy it can at best be an alpha build. I have since uninstalled it.

Buyer beware!
    07-28-2010 11:47 AM
    I purchased Beautiful Widgets a few days ago based on recommendations and saw the same bug:
    - time sometimes did not update
    - weather did not update
    - widget was very unresponsive

I was actually embarrassed the few times I tried to show it off. People thought that Android itself was bad. Great ad for Apple's iphone!

I found it to be a terrible program. I can't believe they actually charge for something so buggy it can at best be an alpha build. I have since uninstalled it.

Buyer beware!
    It looks like there will be a significant improvement with release of the next version. Check back in a few weeks and you might want to reinstall.
    07-28-2010 12:39 PM
    I got an email response from the dev today and they hope to have this solved in "2 days" . Its not really the fault of the app its the weather source which is google. Right now in my hometown google (via widget on igoogle homepage) says its 73 degrees, if i click on the widget and it loads to a full page it then will read 88 degrees. Its seems the widget feed that google uses is wonky
    07-28-2010 02:32 PM
    We are testing the app with the new feed. Should be ready tomorrow.
    07-28-2010 03:46 PM
    Curious what new feed you're using in place or Google.
    07-28-2010 04:07 PM
    The new feed is much better... MUCH MUCH BETTER! lol
    5 day forecast? Yes.
    More is coming, too
    I would say more but yea :P
    07-29-2010 02:38 AM
    3.0 Hallelujah.

Thanks to the devs.
    07-29-2010 10:06 AM
    Just updated to 3.0 and it seems to be working great.

BW has a setting for sunrise/sunset, but where do you see it?
    07-29-2010 10:16 AM
    Couple of problems I noticed after I installed the update and created a new home widget:

1. I initially set it to use geolocation but not using GPS. It never displayed any weather data. It also seemed to lock up the weather part of the widget, ie pressing the weather section never brought up the weather screen so I couldn't get to the configuration options. I had to delete the widget and re-add to the home screen. Was able to do this every time.

I then created the widget and gave it a specific location out of state and verified it showed the weather. I then changed it back to geolocation and it correctly changed the weather to my location.

2. And this is a deal breaker for me. I don't see a way to specify what weather app I want to open like I could previously. I don't like or use Accuweather. They don't report the dew point temperature. Dew point is the main thing used in Phoenix as a measure of summer humidity/comfort. Instead they use something called RealFeel. What the heck is that?

I'm OK with Accuweather as the source for the BW weather display screen as long as I can click through to what I want. Weather Channel and Weather Bug both work for me.

I also don't like that it calls up the web site rather than an app.

I guess for now I'll stick with my ugly combination of clock and Weather Channel widgets.
    07-29-2010 10:51 AM
    Latest Beautiful Widgets works great for me (though I've never had issues with prior versions anyway).
    07-29-2010 11:17 AM
    Like everything about the update except. The temperature notification in the notification bar keeps force closing on me.
    07-29-2010 11:19 AM
    I've been staring at 91 degrees on my home page for several days, and just installed the Beautiful Widgets update. Looks great, but as fate would have it, it actually is 91 degrees here right now. I have to wait for a change to see if all is absolutely good, but I'm pretty sure we are.
    07-29-2010 11:39 AM
    Couple of problems I noticed after I installed the update and created a new home widget:

2. And this is a deal breaker for me. I don't see a way to specify what weather app I want to open like I could previously. I don't like or use Accuweather. They don't report the dew point temperature. Dew point is the main thing used in Phoenix as a measure of summer humidity/comfort. Instead they use something called RealFeel. What the heck is that?

I guess for now I'll stick with my ugly combination of clock and Weather Channel widgets.
    I was able to set the weather channel for the app it open when tapping on the 5-day forecast. Is that what you mean??
    07-29-2010 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the update. Beautiful Widgets became my first paid app because I was so tiered of Google weather being wrong. Now I just have one stupid question to ask you that have used it before. Is there anyway to change the setting on it without removing it and creating a new widget?

Also is there any skin out there or setting that makes it look closer to HTC Sense UI? Some are close but they still clash with Calander widget that I'm using, Smooth Widget.
    07-29-2010 01:18 PM
    I was able to set the weather channel for the app it open when tapping on the 5-day forecast. Is that what you mean??
    Yes that's what I mean. Under Configuration > Advanced I see a Time Application and Date Application for selecting those apps but don't see something like a Weather Application. How did you do it?
    07-29-2010 01:32 PM
    Yes that's what I mean. Under Configuration > Advanced I see a Time Application and Date Application for selecting those apps but don't see something like a Weather Application. How did you do it?
    go into config settings, scroll down to advanced, select forecast application, it will load a list of apps, then select the one you would like. Then after you save the settings you have to tap the weather icon from the home, then tap on the 5 day forecast.

I believe it was like that before.
    07-29-2010 01:48 PM
    I don't have a Force Application choice. Only Date and Time choices. This on a stock Droid 2.1.
    07-29-2010 02:44 PM
    I don't have a Force Application choice. Only Date and Time choices. This on a stock Droid 2.1.
    Strange, I have a droid incredible (2.1 stock)

the option should be right with the other 2 under advanced. Maybe try a reboot or reinstall.
    07-29-2010 03:01 PM
    Several hours after the update, and with a new widget installed, I still don't see any change in the temperature, even when I select the Accuweather.com five day display. I can browse to Accuweather.com, and it shows the local temperature correctly.
    07-29-2010 03:14 PM
    Strange, I have a droid incredible (2.1 stock)

the option should be right with the other 2 under advanced. Maybe try a reboot or reinstall.
    Well what do you know? I just another BW widget with a Weather Application option. I'm now a happy camper.
    07-29-2010 04:11 PM
    Now I'm not a happy camper.

Five hours ago I installed 3.01, with a 30 minute update time, gelocation on and GPS off, and determined that it seemed to be working. Now that I've been home for several hours I look at BW and see that it has updated my location but the temperature is at least 2 hours old. Accuweather website, Weather Channel and Weather Bug all show a temperature 20 degrees lower than BW. Deleting and re-adding gets the widget working again. Who knows for how long?
    07-29-2010 09:24 PM
    Now I'm not a happy camper.

Five hours ago I installed 3.01, with a 30 minute update time, gelocation on and GPS off, and determined that it seemed to be working. Now that I've been home for several hours I look at BW and see that it has updated my location but the temperature is at least 2 hours old. Accuweather website, Weather Channel and Weather Bug all show a temperature 20 degrees lower than BW. Deleting and re-adding gets the widget working again. Who knows for how long?
    I was faked out the same way, I think. I'm pretty sure the minimum interval set up in the Widget for updating the Temp is every 2 hours, so that it isn't really tightly in sync with the Accuweather web site, or other more immediate sources. I don't know why that interval couldn't be shorter. How much battery power would it take up to retrieve the temp more frequenty?
    07-29-2010 09:30 PM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD