Beautiful Widgets Home problems

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This has been going on now for quite some time...is there any way to find out what the issue is with Google? I mean, by BW widget has been stuck on "storms" and 81 degrees when it's been sunny and 92 for the past several days. It's getting a bit ridiculous now. I have changed the zip code, refreshed, etc. ad nauseum...no difference.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
3.0 will drop with a new weather source. The dev is coding that in now.
This deal with Google and the weather source will be the last one for BW.
;)

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Any idea when this might drop? I finally deleted my BWHome widget as it was driving me crazy. For now I'm using a functional if ugly combo of The Weather Channel and Retro Clock widgets.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Any idea when this might drop? I finally deleted my BWHome widget as it was driving me crazy. For now I'm using a functional if ugly combo of The Weather Channel and Retro Clock widgets.

Dev said 2 weeks (on Monday).
I would say that it should be ready before Next Friday.
3.0 is working fine its just a matter of coding the new feed in and testing that.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine did update earlier today, but it now shows the same temp and update it was stuck on for the previous 48 hrs. Bizarre.

Good news about 3.0

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Fancy Widgets is having the same updating issues. I deleted it and downloaded Weatherbug (free version). It's working beautifully and is updating very accurately and also provides a lot more detailed information by comparison. I'm using Weatherbug in combination with DigiClock on my homescreen and the two small widgets next to each other look great and aren't as in-your-face as BW or FW. You can set both apps to have clear/transparent backgrounds and the appearance of the text floating on the homescreen looks great in my opinion. I like this setup much better.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do anyone know how much of a chance of the old original Beautiful Widget with the Sense Clock will still work with Droid X 2.2 update when it comes out? I'm one that is stuck in my ways and I really don't want to change to the new clocks styles, I've tried them and they just are not as good.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I purchased Beautiful Widgets a few days ago based on recommendations and saw the same bug:
- time sometimes did not update
- weather did not update
- widget was very unresponsive

I was actually embarrassed the few times I tried to show it off. People thought that Android itself was bad. Great ad for Apple's iphone!

I found it to be a terrible program. I can't believe they actually charge for something so buggy it can at best be an alpha build. I have since uninstalled it.

Buyer beware!

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I purchased Beautiful Widgets a few days ago based on recommendations and saw the same bug:
- time sometimes did not update
- weather did not update
- widget was very unresponsive

I was actually embarrassed the few times I tried to show it off. People thought that Android itself was bad. Great ad for Apple's iphone!

I found it to be a terrible program. I can't believe they actually charge for something so buggy it can at best be an alpha build. I have since uninstalled it.

Buyer beware!

It looks like there will be a significant improvement with release of the next version. Check back in a few weeks and you might want to reinstall.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I got an email response from the dev today and they hope to have this solved in "2 days" . Its not really the fault of the app its the weather source which is google. Right now in my hometown google (via widget on igoogle homepage) says its 73 degrees, if i click on the widget and it loads to a full page it then will read 88 degrees. Its seems the widget feed that google uses is wonky

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Couple of problems I noticed after I installed the update and created a new home widget:

1. I initially set it to use geolocation but not using GPS. It never displayed any weather data. It also seemed to lock up the weather part of the widget, ie pressing the weather section never brought up the weather screen so I couldn't get to the configuration options. I had to delete the widget and re-add to the home screen. Was able to do this every time.

I then created the widget and gave it a specific location out of state and verified it showed the weather. I then changed it back to geolocation and it correctly changed the weather to my location.

2. And this is a deal breaker for me. I don't see a way to specify what weather app I want to open like I could previously. I don't like or use Accuweather. They don't report the dew point temperature. Dew point is the main thing used in Phoenix as a measure of summer humidity/comfort. Instead they use something called RealFeel?. What the heck is that?

I'm OK with Accuweather as the source for the BW weather display screen as long as I can click through to what I want. Weather Channel and Weather Bug both work for me.

I also don't like that it calls up the web site rather than an app.

I guess for now I'll stick with my ugly combination of clock and Weather Channel widgets.

Last edited:

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Like everything about the update except. The temperature notification in the notification bar keeps force closing on me. :mad:

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been staring at 91 degrees on my home page for several days, and just installed the Beautiful Widgets update. Looks great, but as fate would have it, it actually is 91 degrees here right now. I have to wait for a change to see if all is absolutely good, but I'm pretty sure we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress