List your favorite Music app. or questions

bgeddings

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So here's my issue. I have about 16g worth of music in itunes. Most were dowloaded from cds but alot purchased from itunes as well. Got a new laptop earlier this year and when I loaded my music I ended up with a ton of duplicates. One of the duplicates is a bad file that wont even play. Downloaded double twist and it turns out that i need to upgrade to itunes plus because most purchases are older. What I want to do is completely get away from itunes all together. How do I get rid of all the duplicates without having to manually delete each individual one and what player is beat for my incredible? Also do I have to put all other on SD or can I use some of the 6g internal that have available? Thanks in advance.

RobertInCypress

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried btunes, mixzing, nemo, mort, cube,double twist, and Lithium. So far Lithium is my favorite. I like the gapless play back and cross fader. You can change the interface color. To avoid playing video game sound files you could choose what folder to play music from.

for sure. Lithium is awesome.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Do any of these work with the andriod lock screen?

Yes, bTunes has lockscreen play controls.

I don't have my Android phone yet, but bTunes seems to be the closest app to "FlickTunes" that I use on my iPod Touch. bTunes is supposed to let you swipe to the next track which is what I want. It's great for driving and not having to look at your phone to change tracks.

ALH0425

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
First Android Phone... Captivate Music Player Shuffle?

OKay so I just bought my first 'smart' phone. An ATT Samsung Captivate. It came with the Music Player already installed. Its got some neat stuff going on, but there is no shuffle option!!! Is there a Music Player App I can get at the market and use instead??

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
OKay so I just bought my first 'smart' phone. An ATT Samsung Captivate. It came with the Music Player already installed. Its got some neat stuff going on, but there is no shuffle option!!! Is there a Music Player App I can get at the market and use instead??

Read up through this thread and you'll get info on pretty much all of them. There are a lot of good options - many free, none very expensive. Have fun!

Topplayer

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am tired of my droid 2's stock music player. I tried the free version of mixzing but I didn't like it. The lock screen was the worst part, it would come up when then I had to click go to lock screen then unlock my phone. I may give it another shot down the road. My question is about Lithium, does it have the ability to adjust the song at the lock screen? The stock player integrates nicely with the lock screen but it doesn't seem to cut it for me (kinda laggy and I'm only using 4gbs)

tammiS

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
player that shows lyrics?

I know this may be a stupid little feature, but it has come in handy, I had a Palm Pre and the Music Player (Remix) has a "lyric" feature so if you are listening to a song you can tap on it and it instantly accesses lyrics.com and gives you the lyrics. Does any of these music players have that option?

same here, I loved Dan and his apps

so ... does anyone know of a plyaer that shows lyrics?

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
^ I think wikitunes has that option, but it's not a really good music player overall. What I use for this is Soundhound. If I hear a song that I want to read the lyrics, I fire up Soundhound and let it find the lyrics.

tammiS

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
found something

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out soundhound.

Right now I am giving MixZing and Instant Lyris Lite a whirl.

First impression? Good.

From what I can see, there isn't a music player with lyrics integrated (at least I haven't discovered it yet .. for free apps ... thought I came across a paid one but can"t recall right now)

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
^ my bad... Wikitunes is actually called Tunewiki Social Media Player.

Soundhound is a paid app, but worth it in my opinion. It will even recognize songs just by humming it into the speaker... all depending on your humming skills, of course.

Last edited:

tdgobux

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
features / functions

There seems to be alot of players that provide interesting functions like tag editing, voice commands, download art - which is all nice, but it would seem that the most basic features aren;t available in alot of players - such as - reading music from both internal memory and the SD card and combining them (Mixzing does this most do not); remembering the last position - this is something that is hit-or miss. I haven't tried any paid apps, maybe there is one that's reliable?
Is there any app that you can rate a song 1-4 stars that will transfer back to the PC? What I'd like to do is rate songs and keep a playlist of songs 3 stars or better - i haven't found an app that could do this.

osutroys

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
music player help

Anyone know of a music player app that will play music files by the full disk in the order on the original CD? It really sucks when you try to listen to The Wall and the songs are all out of order because the default player plays the songs in alphabetical order.

PS a player that has a stop button would be great too!

Let me know please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa