How do I remove stock apps??

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My phone was brand new - back in November! - so now it's antiquated (Droid Eris) and space is running low on internal memory because apps are getting geared more for the higher powered phones. As a result, I'd like to get rid of some of the many stock apps that I don't use, but I've been unable to do so. I've tried with Astro and through the Applications Manager and no joy on either.

Any tips?

Also, I've noticed with my ATK that I have dozens of apps that, for no real reason, load up when I start up (like Amazon MP3???). Is there a way, other than just using ATK, to control which ones start up when the phone starts up?

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
space is running low on internal memory because apps are getting geared more for the higher powered phones. As a result, I'd like to get rid of some of the many stock apps that I don't use...

That's as may be, but removing system applications won't do anything for your space issue. They're not stored in the same filesystem as user applications are.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I find it very funny that the BallCoach is giving a Clemson fan advise. Anybody else see the irony here?

I noticed that, but I'm not sure that he's the OLD BallCoach - I think he's just a BallCoach. Besides, we Clemson fans have a somewhat different name for the Ol' Ball Coach!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87