Beautiful Widget problem...

ryanewartryan

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I just started using LaunchPro. I was setting up Beautiful Widget clock and when I went to choose my clock/weather skins I got the "Beautiful Widget has stopped unexpectedly" message. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result. Any ideas?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro's website reported a problem with Beautiful Widget, where Beautiful Widgets uses up an extraordinary amount of memory inside the launcher. Bottom line, if you're having memory-related force closes and you're running Beautiful Widgets, you might want to switch it out for a less memory-intensive widget.

It depends on what phone you are using.

Here is the link:

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - A warning about Beautiful Widgets.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be an interesting dialog between the developers of LP and BW on that thread, so hopefully some kind of improvement/resolution to any issues which exist can be found. As a layman, who once coded way back in the dark ages, the discussion is truly fascinating. For anyone interested in such things, I recommend settling in for a good read. Thanks dfine1966, without your link I would have missed it.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well this is great information and it explains a lot. I was happy with Fancy Widget for a while now, but after hearing BW being praised so heavily here and elsewhere I went ahead and took the $2 plunge.

Thanks Android Marketplace for not giving me enough time to realize that my newly purchased widget was draining my battery like the leech from Stand By Me and crashing and freezing ...

It sure looks nice, but I like Launcher Pro more than BW. Still not fixed that I could see. Shame because it looks fantastic (only thing it was missing was a battery % options like Fancy Widget - I'll probably just get FW Pro for now)

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I also switched from Beautiful Widgets to Fancy Widget Pro (as I use LauncherPro as well). I like the look of the stock sense clock and weather and FW looks just like it! Only thing I wish is that the weather animations worked like they do when using the stock clock. As lame as it may be it actually makes me smile to see the windshield wipers wipe my screen when it's raining outside :D