Google Maps v4.4.0 problem

xdrive

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a HTC Evo.

Updated google maps to v4.4.0.

When I load the app, a window pops up and says "The application Mpas has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone have the same problem?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a HTC Evo.

Updated google maps to v4.4.0.

When I load the app, a window pops up and says "The application Mpas has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone have the same problem?
Strange. Maps is working fine for me. Have you tried going into Manage applications and uninstalling the updates for Maps, clearing the data and then trying again?

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same force close errors.

I cleared cache, then uninstalled updates, and then installed version 4.4 again. It worked the first time, but then forced close the other times. I then cleared cache, removed app data, then restarted the phone. When it powered on, it automatically updated. The app then worked the first time, but not the second. I then cleared cache and app data, restarted, and then the app worked. So far, it is still working.

So, I would suggest clearing the cache and app data, then turning the phone off. Turn the phone on, update to the newest map version, then try it. If it still fails, clear cache and app data and try again.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Another comment is that I used the Places application to bring up the maps one of the times that the regular map application would force close.