Launch google voice search with BT

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hardware is EVO+Jawbone Icon

I just downloaded google voice search and it works great... much better than the HTC voice dialer. Is there a way to have google voice launch with a long press (activate voice dialing) from my headset instead of the crappy HTC dialer?

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Try holding down the search button on your Evo. This should bring up a choice of which voice engine you want. Select the new one and check to make it a default.

That being said. I thought this one just replaced your base one on the Evo. I didn't have to do anything on mine. However I'm not using a headset.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When I long press search google VS is the default... it must be a specific setting to using BT... hopefully someone will come up with a app or mod soon becuase the default HTC voice dialer sucks (at least for me)

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Headsets default to HTC's voice dialer, which uses the old engine. I haven't found a setting to change it... yet.

Try:
Settings > Manage Applications > All > HTC Voice Dialer > Clear Defaults

Then next time you try using your BT headset, it should ask you which program you would like to launch, click the "use as default" option then pick your favorite.

Hope this helps.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try:
Settings > Manage Applications > All > HTC Voice Dialer > Clear Defaults

Then next time you try using your BT headset, it should ask you which program you would like to launch, click the "use as default" option then pick your favorite.

Hope this helps.
I already checked that. There is no default set for Voice Dialer. That isn't the problem. The problem is that Google's new Voice Actions doesn't present itself to Android as a Bluetooth-enabled application. So even if you have no defaults set, you never get presented with the choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress