Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I understand what you want and it is not there right now. Your assumption is correct in that on the 'sync' I will remove it locally if it is not on the server anymore. The option you want is to control the sync in how it works. I need to think about this as it can get tricky. The simple solution would just be a configurable value of 'sync delete' or have an option to turn off sync and allow the user to run a manual sync. I need to think about this a bit more.

I would love the option to turn off sync as I do not EVER want to sync my phone to my main account.

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to have the notification icon cleared by simply opening Maildroid? Right now I have to open it then scroll the inbox before it clears.
Thanks,
Greg

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
@albokay

Yes, I know that. But as soon as your PC downloads/deletes the message from the server, the message is deleted from the phone. I want to be able to download the message from the server and KEEP it on my phone regardless of what happens later on the server. This also implies that there is an delete from phone only option. Two out of the three don't help me.

Thanks anyway for trying! :)

Scott

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
@albokay

Yes, I know that. But as soon as your PC downloads/deletes the message from the server, the message is deleted from the phone. I want to be able to download the message from the server and KEEP it on my phone regardless of what happens later on the server. This also implies that there is an delete from phone only option. Two out of the three don't help me.

Scott

The only way to stop this from happening is to fix MailDroid to be able to disable the sync option. This is something that would absolutely thrill me.

Another issue I have is the bulletin board functionality. I would much rather have the option to download the entire message from the server instead just the header. Yeah I know it downloads when you click on it but would rather it download the meesages when they come in rather than have to wait on each mail to load when I click on it. Very inconvenient and antiquated. While I understand why some would want it, it would be nice to be able to choose either.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@albokay

Scott

I plan on trying to sneak in an option that says 'don't sync' for pop3.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The only way to stop this from happening is to fix MailDroid to be able to disable the sync option. This is something that would absolutely thrill me.

Another issue I have is the bulletin board functionality. I would much rather have the option to download the entire message from the server instead just the header. Yeah I know it downloads when you click on it but would rather it download the meesages when they come in rather than have to wait on each mail to load when I click on it. Very inconvenient and antiquated. While I understand why some would want it, it would be nice to be able to choose either.

Downloading of the body (as an option) is already done for the next version.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
@albokay

Scott

Ah I see. I didn't know that. Haven't wanted to keep anything on my phone also I have my email set to not delete from server unless I delete it on my desktop program.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

Yes, the next version is coming. Some major features that many of you have asked for as well as a ton of bug fixes. I won't mention all the features yet, but one that I know all if you wanted is an option to download the body of an email when an alert comes in. This feature was finally added and it means full offline support. Also, opening an email will be very fast as no connection is needed to the server.

Still hoping to get a release before the weekend.

Reactions: gbrown2036

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
It appears I can only globally set whether or not to have an audible alert. I have several accounts set in Maildroid only one of which is important enough to have an audible alert. Unfortunately the other accounts get most of the email so a global setting has be checking my mail WAY more often than I really need to. A per account setting would help a lot.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It appears I can only globally set whether or not to have an audible alert. I have several accounts set in Maildroid only one of which is important enough to have an audible alert. Unfortunately the other accounts get most of the email so a global setting has be checking my mail WAY more often than I really need to. A per account setting would help a lot.

Have you looked at the rules function? Accounts Screen --> Preferences --> Rules.

This ability has existed for a long time, just a bit hidden.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

Yes, the next version is coming. Some major features that many of you have asked for as well as a ton of bug fixes. I won't mention all the features yet, but one that I know all if you wanted is an option to download the body of an email when an alert comes in. This feature was finally added and it means full offline support. Also, opening an email will be very fast as no connection is needed to the server.

Still hoping to get a release before the weekend.

I hate to say this but I think I am going back to normal Gmail. I have to use that to get my notifications anyway.

The ads at the bottom are embarrassing. I was at a meeting Monday and sitting next to my boss. I fired up maildroid and at the bottom was a nice ad to find love... I can NOT use this in a business environment!!!

If you do not offer a way to pay for this thing or turn those off I am done... At least until you do. I like the program but that is lame.... Just let me BUY the damn thing already!!!! i:)i

I also need a rule to notify on a starred gmail message ASAP!!!

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say this but I think I am going back to normal Gmail. I have to use that to get my notifications anyway.

The ads at the bottom are embarrassing. I was at a meeting Monday and sitting next to my boss. I fired up maildroid and at the bottom was a nice ad to find love... I can NOT use this in a business environment!!!

If you do not offer a way to pay for this thing or turn those off I am done... At least until you do. I like the program but that is lame.... Just let me BUY the damn thing already!!!! i:)i

I also need a rule to notify on a starred gmail message ASAP!!!

I feel your pain :-( I contacted the ad company yesterday as some other users complained as well. The paid version is coming, but there are some hurdles to jump (ala taxes and company name...so takes some time). I hope to roll the paid version in November.

What do you mean by a rule on starred messages?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain :-( I contacted the ad company yesterday as some other users complained as well. The paid version is coming, but there are some hurdles to jump (ala taxes and company name...so takes some time). I hope to roll the paid version in November.

What do you mean by a rule on starred messages?

Thanks for understanding. I can deal with some ads but not those types, especially when I am in an elevator or with my boss and trying to check my mail. i:)i

I am going to just use gmail when other people are around. I have to keep it because my notifications still do not work in maildroid. Everything is set up correctly in the rule and the only notification I see is the Icon. Vibrate, Light and Sound are not working even though they ARE selected. The rule works because I do see the Icon. So I use the notifications for the gmail app.

What I need is a rule added to allow me to get a notification if a message in my Gmail is starred or marked important. They have a red flag within maildroid.

I have my personal account that I normally do not want notifications for but I do if the message has a star, which I can manage by filters within Gmail.

This will allow me to get notified of important messages but not get notified for all the other stuff. I hope I was more clear, I would think that should be fairly easy to implement and would make life a bit better. i:)i

Of course this is useless until I get the notifications working 100% i:)i

Last edited:

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you looked at the rules function? Accounts Screen --> Preferences --> Rules.

This ability has existed for a long time, just a bit hidden.

Not working for me on my stock but rooted Droid 2.2 FRG22D. I have the generic notifications set to sound/vibrate off and icon/LED on. I set a rule for one of the accounts to sound/vibrate/icon/LED on. But not getting vibration or sound even though new messages have come in to that account. Do I need to set the global to all on and have the rule quiet all but the one I want to sound?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Dev,

I can't wait for the new update to come out as it will fix most of the things I am annoyed with.

Am I the only one with a problem with the delete feature? When I delete a message on my phone, I want it gone now. There is some email I want to disappear immediately from my phone and not just hang around in limbo. Even going to my desktop and deleting it from my computer and server doesn't seem to speed up the deletion process on my phone.

Is this ability coming soon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa