Lookout Was Not Able To Successfully Remove pkg.apk

Moltres_rider

Banned
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
somehow a virus crept onto my phone, Lookout finds it but CANNOT remove it!!! a message pops up "pkg.apk is riskware" and when I tell it to remove it, Lookout errors out as "lookout was not able to successfully remove pkg.apk"!!!!!!!!! I googled that error message NOTHING googled it again with quotes and Google said "no results for 'lookout was unable to successfully remove'" LIKE IF THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS FOREIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER downloaded any pkg.apk and don't know how it got on my phone and Lookout Antivirus CANNOT remove it!!!!!!!! Lookout blows up my phone asking me to remove it for DAYS but it CANNOT!!!!! HOW DO I F&^%&*& GET RID OF IT???????????????????

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i would probably do a factory fresh hard reset of the phone and manually resync reinstall everything one by one. this way you should be rid of any virus.

good luck.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
somehow a virus crept onto my phone, Lookout finds it but CANNOT remove it!!! a message pops up "pkg.apk is riskware" and when I tell it to remove it, Lookout errors out as "lookout was not able to successfully remove pkg.apk"!!!!!!!!! I googled that error message NOTHING googled it again with quotes and Google said "no results for 'lookout was unable to successfully remove'" LIKE IF THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS FOREIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER downloaded any pkg.apk and don't know how it got on my phone and Lookout Antivirus CANNOT remove it!!!!!!!! Lookout blows up my phone asking me to remove it for DAYS but it CANNOT!!!!! HOW DO I F&^%&*& GET RID OF IT???????????????????

I am inclined to agree about resetting.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app