somehow a virus crept onto my phone, Lookout finds it but CANNOT remove it!!! a message pops up "pkg.apk is riskware" and when I tell it to remove it, Lookout errors out as "lookout was not able to successfully remove pkg.apk"!!!!!!!!! I googled that error message NOTHING googled it again with quotes and Google said "no results for 'lookout was unable to successfully remove'" LIKE IF THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS FOREIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER downloaded any pkg.apk and don't know how it got on my phone and Lookout Antivirus CANNOT remove it!!!!!!!! Lookout blows up my phone asking me to remove it for DAYS but it CANNOT!!!!! HOW DO I F&^%&*& GET RID OF IT???????????????????
    10-27-2013 04:52 PM
    i would probably do a factory fresh hard reset of the phone and manually resync reinstall everything one by one. this way you should be rid of any virus.

good luck.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-27-2013 05:02 PM
    somehow a virus crept onto my phone, Lookout finds it but CANNOT remove it!!! a message pops up "pkg.apk is riskware" and when I tell it to remove it, Lookout errors out as "lookout was not able to successfully remove pkg.apk"!!!!!!!!! I googled that error message NOTHING googled it again with quotes and Google said "no results for 'lookout was unable to successfully remove'" LIKE IF THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS FOREIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER downloaded any pkg.apk and don't know how it got on my phone and Lookout Antivirus CANNOT remove it!!!!!!!! Lookout blows up my phone asking me to remove it for DAYS but it CANNOT!!!!! HOW DO I F&^%&*& GET RID OF IT???????????????????
    I am inclined to agree about resetting.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-27-2013 05:13 PM
    It's not a virus...if you have rooted your phone it is the root software called superuser its not a virus.
    11-13-2013 04:00 AM
    It's not a virus...if you have rooted your phone it is the root software called superuser its not a virus.

I don't have a rooted phone
    11-22-2013 10:13 AM
    just un install the app in which pkg.apk in crept that should do it, it worked for me
    12-12-2013 06:58 AM