App that silences notifications at night?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I want a app. that silences the notifications at night but allows the phone to ring in case of emergency. I had this feature on my BB and I miss it. These emails and text messages keep waking me up but I want to allow the phone to ring and the alarm to still function. Any suggestions?

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I want a app. that silences the notifications at night but allows the phone to ring in case of emergency. I had this feature on my BB and I miss it. These emails and text messages keep waking me up but I want to allow the phone to ring and the alarm to still function. Any suggestions?

Take a look at Profile. There's an optional whitelist function, though I've not thoroughly tested it.

BBubbaGump

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ck out..

"Audio Manager" in the market. I too had this issue after coming from BB. It has a nice widget that allows you to quickly silence up to 6 different sounds: ALARM, MEDIA, ALERTS (NOTIFICATIONS), RINGER, SYSTEM, AND VOICE.

This app works well.

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use Chronos. I have it set up where at specific times certain things take place.. 11PM every night all notifications go silent except for Ringer. Bluetooth comes one during the morning and nightime drive, WIFI comes on during times when I am sure to be at home, etc.. The byproduct of this is my Battery usage has gone up because certain items are not on all the time like Bluetooth and WIFI, there is no reason to have either on when you are sleeping so they automatically turn off.. It can do a lot of things, you might want to check it out...

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll second profiles. You can set it up with time based rules.

I have my phone to do the same thing. At 1am it goes into just ring mode, turns off notifications. You can have alarm still on. At 9am it goes back into full mode.

I even have it set to go into airplane mode during monday night class since I don't get reception.

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Sound Manager and have found it very reliable. I have profiles set to turn of sounds during the day, while I'm in the office and at night.

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Phone weaver is excellent and lets you set up white lists for those numbers that need to ring through. You can set up profiles by day and time as well. It has the added benefit of being able to run a program based on the profile. So if you want the car mode to turn on GPS and run Google navigation it will.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I need calls to come through, but don't want anything else, so I use Bedside. It also allows me to run one program at the same time, which is White Noise, for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty