thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
well i was using the demo of tapatalk and im seriously debating purchasing the app (im starting to become active on these forums). From those who have it, is the experience much smoother compared to posting from the stock browser? are there notifications for when someone replies to a thread you have posted on?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
well i was using the demo of tapatalk and im seriously debating purchasing the app (im starting to become active on these forums). From those who have it, is the experience much smoother compared to posting from the stock browser? are there notifications for when someone replies to a thread you have posted on?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

It is a little faster, but the real draw for me is affording all screen real estate to the text itself, and not having all the usual graphics in the way. I don't believe there is a notification for when people post, but you can set it up to notify when you get a PM which is cool.

Reactions: thechemE#CB

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering myself if the paid version is worth it. I like going on the forums but I don't feel like loading the page on the browser

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Being that I'm running on 4g speed... going on the forum is a breeze for me. I tried the app once / wasn't impress at all, in-fact it was harder for me to post or reply.

I prefer using the full site on my phone.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Thanks in advance,

Brian

I've been using Tapatalk for a while now. I like if over using the browser because of the size and I can have all my favorite forums in my "Favorites". I think its well worth and (in my opinion) its cheap, but I'm one who really doesn't mind paying for apps. I find most of the prices to be more then reasonable for what you get (in most cases).

To my knowledge it doesn't have notifications but if you are setup (through the forum site) to receive email notifications you'll know when someone replies to a forum you've posted/subscribed to. This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it does give you a type of notification.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just gotta make sure Tapatalk supports your forum(s) and then I think it's a no brainer choice. Things load up much faster since ads, graphics, links, etc. etc. are gone and it's a dedicated forum tool. I like it.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you're right....it is quite good. I think Tapatalk can be a great alternative to non-mobile sites. It just depends on what you're looking at.

EyEz4JB

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded it today. So far I like it. As for notifications it has the option but I have not received one yet.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use it, along with the widgets for it for FOUR forums and love it.

Only drawback is I wish you can have it override your device and always load up tapatalk to respond to a post, etc. when you get the email notification.

I was skeptical at first, but they have been updating it like crazy and I love it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Tapatalk for me I like being able to upload pictures or links to my post. Simple and clean.
aefcb499-3268-33fc.jpg
also there is tab that you click and shows all the post u replied to.

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2