Swype problem words

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to make Swype discern "our" from "or" and any other similar potentially confusing combinations?

Second, it's not uncommon for me to swype a capitalized word and have Swype try to capitalize the 2nd letter. Why would I ever want to do that? Is there a way to turn that off - kind of like the auto-correct options in Microsoft Office?

Also, I recall, from the original tutorial way back, that to make a word possessive I just had to swype the word, then down to the apostrophe, and then to the "s". This has never worked except for contractions like "that's" and such. It won't work to make a noun possessive. Is is supposed to?

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to make Swype discern "our" from "or" and any other similar potentially confusing combinations?
You could go just off the keyboard enough that it doesn't think you're trying to capitalize a word but not enough that it thinks you're swiping over letter.

Second, it's not uncommon for me to swype a capitalized word and have Swype try to capitalize the 2nd letter. Why would I ever want to do that? Is there a way to turn that off - kind of like the auto-correct options in Microsoft Office?
I haven't found that, and yeah, that it annoying, and I can't think of a reason to do that.

Also, I recall, from the original tutorial way back, that to make a word possessive I just had to swype the word, then down to the apostrophe, and then to the "s". This has never worked except for contractions like "that's" and such. It won't work to make a noun possessive. Is is supposed to?

Do that, but not all in one swype. Swype the word, lift your finger, then swype the apostrophe-s.

Reactions: o2bnclemson

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't been here, Swype | Text Input for Screens, it has some things that might help you out.

If I had to guess on the second letter caps issue, perhaps you are swyping up too high on the keyboard sometimes, which is how you capitalize a non-first character. Check out the tip videos though, they may have your answer- I have found them to be pretty informative and helped my swyping.

Last edited: