How does the Tunein App work?

benandholly

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Galaxy S4 and I am trying to listen to an on demand radio show (from the BBC) using an unpaid for version of Tunein. When I press play my show starts playing very well with absolutely no jumps or stutters.

Unfortunately this all changes after about 30 minutes. The stream suddenly stops and restarts. Then, I appear to have 30 minutes of my show that I can play as many times as I wish, but I can never listen beyond the 30 minutes. Presumably until I listen to next weeks show and the same thing will happen again.

Has anyone heard of this behaviour before? Does anyone know how to stop it? I was going to buy it if there is a paid version. Will this help?

I have heard others with similar complaints.
Regards,
David.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Galaxy S4 and I am trying to listen to an on demand radio show (from the BBC) using an unpaid for version of Tunein. When I press play my show starts playing very well with absolutely no jumps or stutters.

Unfortunately this all changes after about 30 minutes. The stream suddenly stops and restarts. Then, I appear to have 30 minutes of my show that I can play as many times as I wish, but I can never listen beyond the 30 minutes. Presumably until I listen to next weeks show and the same thing will happen again.

Has anyone heard of this behaviour before? Does anyone know how to stop it? I was going to buy it if there is a paid version. Will this help?

I have heard others with similar complaints.
Regards,
David.

Home Search buffer
9 RESULTS FOUND FOR "BUFFER"

Why is the station I'm trying to listen to buffer all of the time?

You may experience frequent buffering if your network connection doesn’t have enough capacity for your station...

What can I do if TuneIn is buffering a lot?

You may experience frequent buffering if your network connection doesn’t have enough capacity for your station...

None of the Windows Media streams work on my BlackBerry device. When I try to listen, the stream buffers but then stops.

In the TuneIn app Settings, change the “Storm2 / Torch compatibility mode” checkbox to the opposite value and ...

Why does it take so long for the station to start playing on my Windows phone compared with other devices?

MP3 and AAC streams will take longer to load on the Windows Phone than other devices due to the large amount o...

Why does my app turn itself on? How do I stop this?

To stop TuneIn from streaming outright, tap the square Stop button near the bottom right of station screen. Un...

I have a CDMA BlackBerry phone, and the volume control doesn’t work for some streams.

CDMA phones have limited compatibility with Windows Media streams, so some streams may not work, take a very l...

What do the different settings on Android do?

Playback Auto restart player - Controls whether or not the last playing stream, podcast or recording i...

How do I stop/exit TuneIn Radio?

Before pressing the home button on your iPhone to leave TuneIn Radio, be sure that you stop the stream by pres...

What do the Advanced settings in TuneIn Radio do?

General Auto-Restart Player - Controls whether or not the last playing stream, podcast or recording re...

TuneIn | Search Results

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87