Handcent SMS question

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I am getting double texts using Handcent. The message will arrive twice (only one notification, however)....anyone else having this issue?

It doesn't happen with everyone or all the time. Seems pretty random. And is happening from Verizon and T-Mobile users.

I have turned off the native messenger and notifications from it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's an issue with the lock screen. I never found a fix. I've tried to use Handcent a few times, always end up uninstalling. I have no use for iPhoney themes though.
I have had very little trouble with SMSpopup. The pop-up window is the only feature I like anyways.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think its just an sms issue with your carrier. I know my brother will sometimes get double sms messages from me, or i get them from a friend. Happened with my BB too. I think its just a network thing

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I do not know if it is Handcent related or not. One day a friend of mine and I were texting and then all the sudden we each kept getting the same messages over and over, literally 35 times I got the same message from her and she got the same from me 22 times. Different carriers and types of phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa