I deleted Facebook Messenger and now I get an error code when I try to download it. Why?

A

AC Question

I deleted Facebook Messenger and now I get an error code when I try to download it.

I get an error, the app won't download, and I can't view any messeges from the facebook app itself, it tells me to download the messenger app.

It says:
Error
"Messenger" could not be downloaded due to an error. (944)

Kerrie2015

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: I deleted Facebook Messenger and now I get an error code when I try to download it.

I get an error, the app won't download, and I can't view any messeges from the facebook app itself, it tells me to download the messenger app.

It says:
Error
"Messenger" could not be downloaded due to an error. (944)

I'm getting the same, have Googled it, looks like it's a common problem tonight.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: I deleted Facebook Messenger and now I get an error code when I try to download it.

I am getting the same error.

Posted via the Android Central App

HunnyBun5413

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Ive gotten the exact same error code. What the heck is going on?

ozgray8

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

I'm having this problem too. Can't update due to error 944, whatever that is. How can I fix this?

Terry Jones2

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

First time poster here after just Googling for the same error. I'm getting the same thing here in the UK so I guess this is a Facebook or Google screw up of some description. :)

Brandon McKay

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

If the error message is 944, open the app and it should prompt you to download the app again onve youve opened it and it should fix the problem (i did this using my galaxy note 4)

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

It said to update Facebook Messenger so I tried got error 944, so the last time I got an error shut down phone and restart, this time nothing. I removed app and tried to reinstall the app, now I don't have Messager at all 😯😠😬

Rashanda Mays

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

I had to do a master reset on my phone and now my youtube and messenger keep getting the same error 944. smh HELP!:-\:(

Sonia Buelna

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

I have the same error message and sent Facebook an email and have yet to receive a response.

Igor Targino

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Aqui no Brasil está acontecendo o mesmo erro,se alguém souber como corrigir o erro divulgue favor

dabat

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Same here galaxy s5 error (944)

Rastika Oim

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Me too.... We have same problem... I think this issue from the google

InnovationChief

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Same error in Mexico, but I also have the same error with SurfEasy app. Although Evernote, and other apps upgrade correctly.