Bloat Freezer - Freeze your Preinstalled System Apps

macman4

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have Droid 2, and I'm going to purchase your app. Is there a list somewhere that tells all the pre-installed apps that come with the Droid 2, the ones that are continuousness running.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have Droid 2, and I'm going to purchase your app. Is there a list somewhere that tells all the pre-installed apps that come with the Droid 2, the ones that are continuousness running.

Bloat Freezer will actually show you which ones are currently running and which are not. I don't know of a list for the D2 but seeing which ones are always running in Bloat Freezer should help you decide what to freeze.

what is the version number that fixes the HTC EVO problem?

The EVO problem with Z4? Freezing or deleting apps is not currently possible on most HTC phones when they are TEMPORARY rooted, with any app, not just mine. PERMANENT root works fine on every phone, including the EVO, I have one myself.

Does that answer your question?

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping there was a way with z4 root on the EVO. Thanks for the info.

I wish it was possible but it simply isn't with the NAND being locked. Permanent rooting with 1-click methods like Unrevoked is nearly as easy as Z4 though and you can easily unroot if you have to take your phone into Sprint for some reason.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just pushed out 0.8.6 which reportedly speeds up freezing and defrosting on Galaxy S phones a LOT, and other phones slightly. Also fixed a force close issue affecting some AT&T phones.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Second, if you freeze adservice, no more ads!!! I removed adfree and its continual updating...

Wow, I did not know that adservice could be frozen. Awesome!! It would be great to not have to use adfree. I am wondering if the adservice could also be removed (rather than freezing) without any ill side-effects. ?

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you just remove it you run the risk of not being able to get OTA updates any more, but if you are running a Custom Rom and don't care about OTA updates then removing it should give the same effect as freezing.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Modplan, thanks. I have nandroid backups, use TB regularly, plus the removed apps all backed up so I can re-install before an OTA (did that once so far)... so I'm not too worried. Bloat freezer sounds very good, I will have to check it out. As far as adservice, does freezing that app really keep ALL ads away, or just certain ones?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have several different "free" programs installed that use adservice. No ads at all, most noticeably for me, is angry birds. It works!

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
New version out in the market, minor bug fixes. If you have not been experiencing bugs, then no rush to upgrade. If you have been experiencing bugs, and the new update does not fix them, please report them to me.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an epic and may have to root just for this app... But am still waiting on my froyo update.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On sale until Sunday for $0.99 to celebrate our 1,000th purchase!

Also if you are a buyer and love the app, please rate and comment in the Market, it really helps me out! On the other hand, if you are having ANY issues or have suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Staypuft

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank you for a great app so far, purchased on the $0.99 sale.

I'd like to recommend one option as I did it to myself right away.

Can you add a confirmation box to the "defrost all" button?

I hit it by mistake and naturally have to refreeze them, not a major complaint at all but a little polishing point perhaps.

edit*
If I may ask, whats the common list name for the adservice? I'd like to freeze that but can not seem to find it.

Last edited:

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank you for a great app so far, purchased on the $0.99 sale.

I'd like to recommend one option as I did it to myself right away.

Can you add a confirmation box to the "defrost all" button?

I hit it by mistake and naturally have to refreeze them, not a major complaint at all but a little polishing point perhaps.

edit*
If I may ask, whats the common list name for the adservice? I'd like to freeze that but can not seem to find it.

Excellent suggestion, not sure how I missed that.... :confused: It will be added in the next version.

As far as adservice goes, I cannot find it on my EVO either, but have seen it on multiple Moto phones. Maybe HTC and others call it something different?

You seem to be enjoying the app, if you haven't already and have a minute, rating and commenting in the market really helps me out :)

Last edited:

Staypuft

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Excellent suggestion, not sure how I missed that.... :confused: It will be added in the next version.

As far as adservice goes, I cannot find it on my EVO either, but have seen it on multiple Moto phones. Maybe HTC and others call it something different?

You seem to be enjoying the app, if you haven't already and have a minute, rating and commenting in the market really helps me out :)

done, 5 stars mange.

If anyone knows which item is adservice on the incredible please poast. thanks

Reactions: digmys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress