Launcher Pro vs. GO Launcher EX

LikeWebOS

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
As of late, Launcher Pro has just been force closing a lot more than usual and Go Launcher seems like a great alternative. But I would just like to get some feedback of one versus the other. Off the bat, I know you can't use the Launcher Pro widgets with GO Launcher, which stinks, but other wise what are some opinions.

Also, does it drain the battery more to have two separate launchers/home replacements set up at the same time with widgets like Beautiful Widgets and Twitter? Thanks guys.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
As of late, Launcher Pro has just been force closing a lot more than usual and Go Launcher seems like a great alternative. But I would just like to get some feedback of one versus the other. Off the bat, I know you can't use the Launcher Pro widgets with GO Launcher, which stinks, but other wise what are some opinions.

Also, does it drain the battery more to have two separate launchers/home replacements set up at the same time with widgets like Beautiful Widgets and Twitter? Thanks guys.

I have been getting lots of crashes with LPP here l8tly. I am just hoping that the new ver. of LPP is released soon. last i heard it was going to be released lat Jan, but that has come and gone.. Anyone hear of when the revamped LPP is releasing?

Oh and are you really SUPERMAN?

LikeWebOS

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have been getting lots of crashes with LPP here l8tly. I am just hoping that the new ver. of LPP is released soon. last i heard it was going to be released lat Jan, but that has come and gone.. Anyone hear of when the revamped LPP is releasing?

Oh and are you really SUPERMAN?

Yea, thats pretty much my issue. Its almost like every other time I've been using my phone, I have to force close it or let it wait and I myself have been waiting for the update.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have read about the update as well and waiting for it as well. I love LPP but lately, I've been thinking about ADW launcher.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that GoLauncher is a lot more reliable than Launcher Pro. I've switched and now I swear by it. GoLauncher is fantastic.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of defecting from LPP also - but I'm curious what some good alternatives are for the LPP widgets - particularly:

People Widget
Calendar Widget (one that looks as close to identical as the LPP one - not Pure Grid)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of defecting from LPP also - but I'm curious what some good alternatives are for the LPP widgets - particularly:

People Widget
Calendar Widget (one that looks as close to identical as the LPP one - not Pure Grid)

You can download : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.snowbee.colorize
Colorize Widget is an android widget application for home launcher. Pure Grid is your best one for Calendar because with the Sense background it would look just like the HTC calendar....

There are seven widgets
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Agenda
- Analog Clock
- Bookmark

Last edited:

Tech_Hunter

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I had LP in the past and now use GO launcher. I never used the LP widgets so I can't comment to that, but for the most part, they look and act almost exactly the same. I am sticking with GO for two reasons:

1) I don't remember it ever force closing
2) You don't have to pay to get free widget resizing

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have used both LP and GoLauncher EX (I have also tried ADW). I LOVE GoLauncher EX. It is fast, and has a ton of customizing options. They are also coming out with a few themes for it in the market. I don't think I will ever use another launcher. GoLauncher EX is by FAR my favorite (and the full version is free).

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am having the exact opposite to you guys. I have tried all 3, LP, GoLauncher EX and ADW Ex, and find LP the one with the least amount of problems. I have tried all of them again in the last few weeks and have crashed with ADW EX and especially GoLauncher EX. I do have the paid version of LP, and it has been very dependable with no crashes at all. I am on a HTC EVO 4g, non rooted. GoLaucher would have the screen flash too many times, and was really slow. ADW EX had problems with crashing on the main page and transitions. Yes, I did uninstall each home launcher when I tried a new one. I guess it depends on what device you have the launcher on.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the Go Launcher Ex and I have the LPP. I Don't need a lot of themes as I use mostly homemade backgrounds. I do like some of the options and features in the go launcher. However, I like the Transition Effects when flipping through my home pages in LLP

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have ADW EX right now and on average i get like 5 FC/day. thats ridiculous. I did have Launcher Pro and didnt really have any problems with it. Ive never tried Go launcher but because its free its probably time to try that

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I ran nothing but lp til the other day. I liked it and didn't really have any problems with it, just thought I'd try something new. I downloaded gl and love it. I like the features and its fairly quick. Lp was faster and smoother on my phone (optimus v overclocked) but bland. I've tried adw a couple different times but its always laggy for some reason.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I switched because LP was force closing and now I'm all GO LAUNCHER" The recent update are "OFF THE CHAIN" it my launcher of choice now it's smooth and works flawless and the Team is awsome when you have a problem they "RESPOND"!!!
Here are a few of my reasons I like GO I have tried all the rest ADW etc but Go got me:
Theme's
scrolling dock bar "A must for me that's why I don't use ADW"
transitions
stable
go SMS is awesome
Clean
consistent updates

I probably need to be the GO LAUNCHER poster girl LOL!!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the Go Launcher Ex and I have the LPP. I Don't need a lot of themes as I use mostly homemade backgrounds. I do like some of the options and features in the go launcher. However, I like the Transition Effects when flipping through my home pages in LLP

" Go launcher has this now" It's off the Chain last time I checked they added more transitions than LP Check it out!!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have ADW EX right now and on average i get like 5 FC/day. thats ridiculous. I did have Launcher Pro and didnt really have any problems with it. Ive never tried Go launcher but because its free its probably time to try that

let us know what u think of it!:)

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have used Launcher Pro and ADW EX in the past but found that they slowed things down a bit and I also got FC's regularly. I switched to Go Launcher over a month ago and like it the best of the three. It is the fastest by far on my Epic and never a FC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez