app to wipe if plugged into anything but charger?

hell167

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that will wipe or factory reset my android phone if its ever plugged into anything other than a charger. Like an external hard drive or computer. Does such an app exist? Kinda like how blackberries wipe the phone if password was entered wrong too many times.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that will wipe or factory reset my android phone if its ever plugged into anything other than a charger. Like an external hard drive or computer. Does such an app exist? Kinda like how blackberries wipe the phone if password was entered wrong too many times.

Hi, to my knowledge no app exists like that. It would be very dangerous too, imagine you forgot one day and decided to plug your phone into a computer to transfer files. You can always use Android Device Manager to wipe your phone remotely.

hell167

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Well the point would be to protect sensitive information on the device, such as documents, pictures, pgp emails and such. I figure there would be a way for an authorized user to temporary turn it off if required to plug into a computer. Remotely wiping the phone only works if you knew your information was being stolen.

hell167

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
The point of such an app would be to stop people from stealing sensitive content from your phone without your knowledge. Not if you lose your phone. Locking of your phone can only go so far, with enough time and knowledge people would still be able to enter your phone.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The point of such an app would be to stop people from stealing sensitive content from your phone without your knowledge. Not if you lose your phone. Locking of your phone can only go so far, with enough time and knowledge people would still be able to enter your phone.
How would it be out of your possession long enough for other people to figure out your PIN?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty