Different weather displays, different phones, same Google app???

The19thD0CT0R

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
content___com.google.android.apps.gsa.velvet.extradex.ExtraDexHostProvider_assist.com.google.and.jpg IMG_20160429_203217_01.jpg

Anyone know the deal on this? I have a Nexus 6, shown on the left, my wife, a droid Turbo 2. Both are the exact same Google app, same version number. We ask our phones the exact same question, but get very different displays as the answer. Below these are exactly the same; the rain alarm, the results below that, etc. But as you can see, the visual is way different. I thought maybe at first it was because she has Weather Underground on hers, but both are culling their data from weather.com, and hers is definitely more material design looking too. Anyone else ever see this, know why? All settings seem to be the same, so I'm stumped.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I get both options on my Note 5. Sometimes the pretty picture shows up first and others just the data screen. And other times the data screen comes up first then a few seconds later, the graphic screen shows up. I haven't figured out why one shows up rather than the other. It's been like that for many months. Shrug. I don't know why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez