Navionics Marine/Lake Maps & Charts

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So i purchased the Navionics US East Lakes app today. It installed fine but I am having trouble getting it to download the charts the first time it runs. I emailed Navionics but havent heard anything yet. Would have returned it but the stupid 15 minute return window eliminates that possibility.

Anyway I have tried all kinds of stuff (restart, reinstall, delete navionics folder, etc) to try and get this to download but am having no luck. Anybody have some suggestions? I was also thinking that if somebody had the chart file that the program installs onto your sd card maybe i could try copying that to my sd card and see if it works.

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So just looked at the files in the folder it created and it seems it is actually downloading the file; just excruciately slow. I just timed it and it download approximately 50 kb in one minute! Apparently the charts its downloading are around 300 mb. So it should only take 100 hours and i can finally use the program!!! WTF!

I hope there is something temporarily wrong with the navionics servers and things speed up soon because this is ridiculous. If anybody has the HMPE.zip file it is downloading i would greatly appreciate if i could get that from you somehow so i can actually use the app. Thanks.

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just in case anybody cares the download seems to be working this morning but still slower than it should. Looks like it will "only" take about an hour at its new pace.

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem...had program on dinc....no prob...20 min dl....now on tbolt...and d/l less than a meg every 15 minutes! on wifi.

is it a problem with their servers?

DaveWW00

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It finally speed up for me and downloaded in about an hour. Navionics responded to my emails: "There is a known issue with downloading the Navionics Mobile app for Android."

they had no new suggestions for getting it to speed up- uninstall/reinstall app, restart phone, delete charts folder on sd card and restart download, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non