Apps to turn off connectivity automatically

manxman79

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, can anyone tell if there's an app that turns off WiFi and data automatically when I turn the screen off? I used to use Juice Defender on my Galaxy S2 and my perfect at doing this but as the app developer no longer maintains the app I can't use it on my Galaxy S6 and I haven't found a suitable replacement. I've seen and tried a few different battery saving apps but they don't have this feature.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could probably do that with Tasker.

There should also be a setting for wi-fi that turns it off when the phone is asleep (i.e., when the screen is off). Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and look for the "Keep Wi-fi on during sleep" option. Change it to "Never" (or "Only when plugged in"). There's no native setting like this for mobile data, though.

manxman79

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and you reply B.Diddy, I just had a morning reading and trying out Tasker and found it to be to complicated for me to use so uninstalled and had a look for something similar and came across Automate, after 10 minutes I've manage to get want I've wanted my phone to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87