Need app recommendation for finding large files -- but NOT ES File Explorer

WeatherWX

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I frequently transfer large files on the go from my phone via cloud sharing like Dropbox, Drive etc. I keep finding that cached copies of these files are not being cleaned up and eating up my storage.

Anyone have recommendations for an app that IS NOT ES File Explorer that will search for large files and allow me to delete them?

(ES does this task well, but is SUCH an obnoxious and intrusive app.)

There are lots of "cleaner" apps out there, but I haven't found one with this function, or they just have commands like "clean" or "boost" but aren't specific about what they're deleting.

Even an app that would just show me ALL files on my phone and sort them by size would be enough. I don't want to have to hunt around different directories to find these leftover files. Thanks!

Last edited:

Annharma

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
How about 'DU Speed booster and cleaner '? I remember it has the ability to find duplicate files which you can specifically check individually and delete them.

Edit: This app has the ability to remove duplicate files. You can verify them manually. Systweak Android Cleaner : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rganic&utm_medium=systweakblog&token=yVIq01CC

Below text from the Description of the above app :
"−Duplicate Files Remover
This app has finally become much more than a simple space saver for Android. It not only removes your junk and unwanted files, but can also locate any duplicate data. It automatically scans your phone for any duplicate files based on their content, file name and file type and displays categorized results. It organizes files into music, videos, pictures, documents and others where they can be auto marked for deletion.
"

Last edited:

PantsDownJedi

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a solution, however it struck me that in addition to finding a solution, you might want to make sure you're using a good quality method of moving data, such that the local file is deleted, in the first place. Foldersync works very well for me and has a lot of configurability including the deletion of source files. My guess is that it front ends rsync, however I don't know that for sure. I've had it a long time and think it was a paid app when I got it, but if there's a free version or trial version, it might be worth your while to test it as it might minimize the problem your having to begin with that leaves files behind.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I frequently transfer large files on the go from my phone via cloud sharing like Dropbox, Drive etc. I keep finding that cached copies of these files are not being cleaned up and eating up my storage.

Anyone have recommendations for an app that IS NOT ES File Explorer that will search for large files and allow me to delete them?

(ES does this task well, but is SUCH an obnoxious and intrusive app.)

There are lots of "cleaner" apps out there, but I haven't found one with this function, or they just have commands like "clean" or "boost" but aren't specific about what they're deleting.

Even an app that would just show me ALL files on my phone and sort them by size would be enough. I don't want to have to hunt around different directories to find these leftover files. Thanks!

I like Astro File manager

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87