Netflix App For Android?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app to stream movies from my netflix account to my phone?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gimme5#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Playon is supposed to work, but I haven't tried it. Netflix is working on bringing an official app to Android, but it's supposed to work only on phones with specific chips, which I don't think your phone has.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Playon is supposed to work, but I haven't tried it. Netflix is working on bringing an official app to Android, but it's supposed to work only on phones with specific chips, which I don't think your phone has.

PlayOn works great! I can stream Netflix / Hulu to my EVO, as well as a number of other channels and video on my PC. I can also stream to my various game systems, and finally turned off cable in my house.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I loaded it on both my phone and computer and playon seems to work great but only if I am on the same network as my computer. This means it only works when I'm home. The whole point of the phone is to watch movies when I'm away from my tv or computer. I'm a single dad and often find myself waiting in my car while my daughter shops.

So my question now is: Is there a way to use PlayOn when away from home?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I loaded it on both my phone and computer and playon seems to work great but only if I am on the same network as my computer. This means it only works when I'm home. The whole point of the phone is to watch movies when I'm away from my tv or computer. I'm a single dad and often find myself waiting in my car while my daughter shops.

So my question now is: Is there a way to use PlayOn when away from home?

You only have to be home and on your network the first time in order to pair up with your media server. After that, it should work fine over 3G/4G/wifi (if you look at the link in my post above, you'll see I made a video on YouTube that shows it working on 3G). I was just using it over 3G the other day while sitting in an airport with a delayed flight.

Now, there may be some router settings you might need, but it worked fine for me without messing with anything. They have a great support group and forums though if you are having problems with it.

Just to clarify, you do need to leave your PC running at home (obvious if you are familiar with media servers, but figured I'd point it out anyways).

Here a couple threads for you (including the port you need to forward, even though I didn't really have to do that):
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-devices/iphone-amp-mobile/mobile-ports
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-devices/iphone-amp-mobile/how-it-mplayontv-works-over-3g

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa