How to remove unwanted greeting screens on my Samsung Note 4

RobertKza

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
In the morning and evening I get Good Morning and Good Evening screens which have to be slid to the right to reveal my standard lock screen.
On these greeting screens I can select a daily horoscope and soothing music to fall asleep.
How do I get rid of these screens ?
I have screen dumps to share if it helps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In the morning and evening I get Good Morning and Good Evening screens which have to be slid to the right to reveal my standard lock screen.
On these greeting screens I can select a daily horoscope and soothing music to fall asleep.
How do I get rid of these screens ?
I have screen dumps to share if it helps.
Welcome to the forums. Do you have Peel Smart Remote installed on your phone? Several users reported similar screens being pushed by this app. Try disabling it temporarily and see if the problem persists.

RobertKza

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Javier P
I have disabled Peel Smart Remote. I was surprised because when I pushed the Disable button I was asked did I want to restore to Factory settings. After I agreed I see that Peel Smart Remote now shows disabled. I'm hoping by the end of the day I don't get the Good Evening/Good Night greeting screen

RobertKza

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jasonandrews25788
I agree but I try to keep a close watch on what I install. I hope that the advice given is that the culprit is Peel Smart Remote, I'll see tonight, because that is bloatware installed by Samsung and can't be deleted using the standard methods.

RobertKza

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
Great News and thanks to all.
After disabling the app and reverting to factory edition settings No more unwanted greeting screens.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.
Great News and thanks to all.
After disabling the app and reverting to factory edition settings No more unwanted greeting screens.
Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up! It will be very helpful for other users with a similar issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall