My Pixel Fold vs Samsung Fold⁴ Review

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That looks like Ogopogo. Supposed monster lurking in the deeps around Kelowna on the Sushwap.
What's interesting is that I might have noticed it before but no so sure. It is pretty small and I always ride my bike so not necessarily paying attention to the bulkhead. But today I noticed it. Actually, I wanted this posted in the photo thread where there's discussion of the Zoom feature and someone was not happy with it. So I zoomed to capture the sea monster.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
If the Pixel FOLD was using a Snapdragon SOC, I'd buy in a heartbeat, just NOT a fan of tensor! Maybe with the next year's if any,,,,Pixel Fold II.
LLLLUUUV the form factor!
💓❤️💓

Last edited:
Reactions: FF22 and goji26

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's interesting is that I might have noticed it before but no so sure. It is pretty small and I always ride my bike so not necessarily paying attention to the bulkhead. But today I noticed it. Actually, I wanted this posted in the photo thread where there's discussion of the Zoom feature and someone was not happy with it. So I zoomed to capture the sea monster.
I moved your pictures to the sticky thread on post your picture here

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
In my short time so far i can explain some things and difference.

I really like the Pixel Fold , price with Att 900.00 which is acceptable to me anyone paying full price definitely a No and that goes for any Foldable or phone.

Battery life i need more time , Samsung Fold has more customization/optimized apps and Pixel Fold needs standard mode option not just Multiview.

Camera is just as good as 7pro so far.

The outer screen and inner screen the pixel Fold is better by far than Samsung.

If you looking to use these foldable everyday device be careful and put insurance on them .

If anything more pops up ill add them here , i always like to get 2 more software updates and see how things are .

Pixel Fold is my new favorite device next to s23U
Is it easy to access splitview on the pixel fold?

damac3

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the Pixel Fold and really liked it, but I decided to try the Galaxy Fold 5 hands on as well. I used the Fold 5 for the last 3 days. I think the phone itself feels a little “nicer” than the Pixel Fold. I definitely don’t like how the Pixel Fold doesn’t open to 180 degrees, so it wobbles when I lay it on a flat surface while open. I also don’t like how the Pixel Fold heats up. That has to be hard on battery life and longevity of the components in the phone. However, the dimensions on the outside screen still make a huge difference for me. It’s awkward using the Fold 5 front screen. I also much prefer AndroidOS without the Samsung UI and software additions. I can tell the battery life is a little better on the Fold 5. Photos are for sure better on the Pixel Fold, and the zoom is so much better. I am keeping the Pixel Fold. I wish the Pixel Fold had the feel of the slightly better crafted Fold 5, and I wish the phone didn’t get warm. Otherwise, I think the Pixel Fold is the better phone for me personally. It seems like the reviewers prefer the Fold 5, but I do not.

I also bought the Pixel Buds Pro and the Galaxy Pro Buds 2. I prefer the Galaxy Pro Buds 2 better. Sound quality was about the same, but the GPB2 fit better in my ears. I do like the gestures available for the Pixel Buds, but they just don’t fit as comfortably in my ears.

I also got the Pixel Watch for free from Verizon with my Pixel Fold purchase. I have used it with both phones and plan to keep it as well. I thought about trying out the new Galaxy watches, but I enjoy the form factor of the Pixel Watch and the lack of Samsunginess in the OS (plus I run and like the Fitbit integration in the Pixel Watch). Eager to see when the Pixel Watch 2 is coming out and what improvements it will include.

I hope that additional info helps anyone else looking at these same phones. It’s hard to beat holding them both in your hand and using it as your phone for a few days even the reviews are super helpful.

(Fold 5 pictured with the Samsung thin case with kickstand. Pixel Fold pictured in the Pitaka case from Amazon)

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your review of both Folds. So the pixel getting hot is a real issue. I hope the next generation gets a much better processor and reduced weight. If Samsung adopts a similar form factor as Pixel Fold, then it is game over for Google.

Reactions: damac3

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@damac3

I really appreciated Photo 2 above showing the oddness of the Samsung's shape for the front screen. I really would not like that shape at all.

Reactions: damac3

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
So I bought the Pixel Fold and really liked it, but I decided to try the Galaxy Fold 5 hands on as well. I used the Fold 5 for the last 3 days. I think the phone itself feels a little “nicer” than the Pixel Fold. I definitely don’t like how the Pixel Fold doesn’t open to 180 degrees, so it wobbles when I lay it on a flat surface while open. I also don’t like how the Pixel Fold heats up. That has to be hard on battery life and longevity of the components in the phone. However, the dimensions on the outside screen still make a huge difference for me. It’s awkward using the Fold 5 front screen. I also much prefer AndroidOS without the Samsung UI and software additions. I can tell the battery life is a little better on the Fold 5. Photos are for sure better on the Pixel Fold, and the zoom is so much better. I am keeping the Pixel Fold. I wish the Pixel Fold had the feel of the slightly better crafted Fold 5, and I wish the phone didn’t get warm. Otherwise, I think the Pixel Fold is the better phone for me personally. It seems like the reviewers prefer the Fold 5, but I do not.

I also bought the Pixel Buds Pro and the Galaxy Pro Buds 2. I prefer the Galaxy Pro Buds 2 better. Sound quality was about the same, but the GPB2 fit better in my ears. I do like the gestures available for the Pixel Buds, but they just don’t fit as comfortably in my ears.

I also got the Pixel Watch for free from Verizon with my Pixel Fold purchase. I have used it with both phones and plan to keep it as well. I thought about trying out the new Galaxy watches, but I enjoy the form factor of the Pixel Watch and the lack of Samsunginess in the OS (plus I run and like the Fitbit integration in the Pixel Watch). Eager to see when the Pixel Watch 2 is coming out and what improvements it will include.

I hope that additional info helps anyone else looking at these same phones. It’s hard to beat holding them both in your hand and using it as your phone for a few days even the reviews are super helpful.

(Fold 5 pictured with the Samsung thin case with kickstand. Pixel Fold pictured in the Pitaka case from Amazon)
Do u like the wider aspect ratio of the pixel? I'm using a fold 4 now and like it but not like the weird tall slim aspect ratio of the outer screen!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can a pen be used with the inner pixel fold display?
In another thread here or elsewhere, I also asked if PEN input and ocr would work on the Pixel Fold. I was told that it does not support PEN input. But I wonder if an app designed to read "text drawings" might be possible. Or would that require too much processing power?

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've not had any heating issues with mine.... It's been running smoothly for me... I don't do any gaming but I do plenty of other activities on it including Android Auto YouTube Netflix and a few music services streaming while at the gym...
I agree totally with this as mine doesn't really get hot either with the same usage. Occasionally maybe warm but no more warmer than any Samsung or any other phone I've had really

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
In another thread here or elsewhere, I also asked if PEN input and ocr would work on the Pixel Fold. I was told that it does not support PEN input. But I wonder if an app designed to read "text drawings" might be possible. Or would that require too much processing power?
Thanks for that info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia