Multi-function calculator

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I switched to android from windows mobile just over a month ago. Recently I needed to do some calculations for my developer needs. I have searched through play store for a decent calculator that can do some basic and scientific calculations, some basic unit conversions and also does some hexadecimal, octal, and binary operations in one app. But I haven't found a single one that can do it. I am looking for something that is similar to the Windows 10 UWP version does. Am I not doing the search right or no such app exists in the store right now? Are any other Windows mobile converts missing the calculator from Windows 10?

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried it but from the screenshots or description, I did not see programmer calculator in it. Do you know if it does?

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it but it only has decimal to hex converter and that's it. There are many "programmer calculator" apps that have all the functions for my programmer needs but none of the other functions. I have to use two separate apps right now. I am trying to find one app that does all these. The Windows 10 calculator does all I want.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, that second one I linked above is actually pretty interesting.

If any of these TI calculators would suit your needs - TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Second Edition, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Second Edition, TI89, TI89 Titanium, TI92 Plus and Voyage 200 - then you can use that app along with the correct ROM which you can extract from an actual calculator that you already own -or- download it from this site https://education.ti.com/en/products?bid=8. Click the calculator model of interest, then Resources, then Download Operating System Updates.

Legally, from what I have read, you are entitled to download and use the ROM file if you already own the physical calculator.

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
By programmer functions I mean working with binary, hexadecimal etc. numbers and doing arithmetic and logical operations on them. Try searching play store for programmer calculator and you will find many apps that has the functions I am looking for.

Windows 10 calculator is what I exactly want.

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Once again, tell us what is missing.

How do you expect anyone to help if you fail to say exactly what it is that you need?

I exactly said that few posts above:
By programmer functions I mean working with binary, hexadecimal etc. numbers and doing arithmetic and logical operations on them. Try searching play store for programmer calculator and you will find many apps that has the functions I am looking for.

Windows 10 calculator is what I exactly want.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I exactly said that few posts above:

Okay, so first of all - if you want the Windows 10 Calculator, please find yourself the nearest Windows 10 PC and go ahead and use that.

Barring that possibility, you are just going to have to find an Android calculator that you can live with.

As to this, "By programmer functions I mean working with binary, hexadecimal etc. numbers and doing arithmetic and logical operations on them." - well, the HiPER calculator does that and just about everything else you could possibly expect from a calculator.

So, please, be very, very, specific as to what exactly is missing.

The calculator has several functions, such as:
- basic arithmetic operations including percentage, modulo and negation;
- fractions (in the expression mode any expression including nested fractions can be entered as a numerator and a denominator);
- mixed numbers;
- periodic numbers and their conversion to fractions;
- unlimited number of braces;
- operator priority;
- repeated operations;
- calculation details - extended information about a calculation like all complex roots, unit circle etc.;
- complex numbers
- conversion between rectangular and polar coordinates
- advanced number operations such as random numbers, combinations, permutations, common greatest divisor, etc.;
- trigonometric and hyperbolic functions;
- powers, roots, logarithms, etc.;
- degrees, minutes and seconds conversion;
- fixed point, scientific and engineering display format;
- display exponent as SI units prefix;
- memory operations with 10 extended memories;
- clipboard operations with various clipboard formats;
- result history;
- binary, octal and hexadecimal numeral systems;
- logical operations;

- bitwise shifts and rotations;
- haptic feedback;
- more than 90 physical constants;
- conversion among 200 units;
- Reverse Polish notation (note: optional; not required)

I have to add, by the way, I program in multiple languages and - unless working in assembly code (which I haven't felt the need to do in 20 years or so) - rarely have to work directly with binary, hexadecimal, or any other non-Base 10 numbers.

Just sayin...

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so first of all - if you want the Windows 10 Calculator, please find yourself the nearest Windows 10 PC and go ahead and use that.

Barring that possibility, you are just going to have to find an Android calculator that you can live with.

As to this, "By programmer functions I mean working with binary, hexadecimal etc. numbers and doing arithmetic and logical operations on them." - well, the HiPER calculator does that and just about everything else you could possibly expect from a calculator.

So, please, be very, very, specific as to what exactly is missing.

I have to add, by the way, I program in multiple languages and - unless working in assembly code (which I haven't felt the need to do in 20 years or so) - rarely have to work directly with binary, hexadecimal, or any other non-Base 10 numbers.

Just sayin...

I am just asking if anyone know one app in play store that has the functions I am looking for. If you don't know one then I can accept that answer. I know where to go if I can't find one I want in play store.

Also, if you
rarely have to work directly with binary, hexadecimal, or any other non-Base 10 numbers
doesn't mean I don't have the need for them. I don't have to work same as you.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am just asking if anyone know one app in play store that has the functions I am looking for. If you don't know one then I can accept that answer. I know where to go if I can't find one I want in play store.

Also, if you doesn't mean I don't have the need for them. I don't have to work same as you.

But I gave you an app that does everything you asked for and you have yet to tell me what, specifically is missing from HiPER.

HiPER *does do* binary, octal, hexadecimal math and logic operations. And, from what I can see, everything else you have asked for.

So, once again, what exactly is missing??

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
But I gave you an app that does everything you asked for and you have yet to tell me what, specifically is missing from HiPER.

HiPER *does do* binary, octal, hexadecimal math and logic operations. And, from what I can see, everything else you have asked for.

So, once again, what exactly is missing??

Oh, I did not find those in that app. I will try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress