I've already Googled the problem and have found a bunch of other people that have the same problem: Google Maps' timeline has stopped saving / tracking our days of travelling. However I have yet to find a solution for it. I've followed the few basic solutions that have been offered already but none of them have been successful for me. I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro.
    05-30-2018 12:25 PM
    Is your location history ON and your phone set to Sync? Did you receive any updates on the date your timeline stopped recording? If you log into a different device, does the location history for that device show up? Have you tried removing/re-adding your Google account to your current phone?
    05-30-2018 12:35 PM
    I had the same problem. And found a fix.
    Go to the Location choice in settings, go down below the 'Recent location requests' and
    Select 'Google Location History'

I found I had my phone in twice in 'Other devices on this account' but it was switched off. I just put it back on and it started working again. It seems it started when I cleared the cache on my phone so it must have thought I was using a different device although it called it the same name! It created a duplicate but never turned on the location history for the duplicate.

Also make sure your correct Google account appears and that 'Use Location History' is turned on.

Hope this helps
    Jas
    09-26-2018 08:59 AM
    Thanks a lot!
    09-27-2018 04:12 PM
    Go to the Location choice in settings, go down below the 'Recent location requests' and

I found I had my phone in twice in 'Other devices on this account' but it was switched off. I just put it back on and it started working again. It seems it started when I cleared the cache on my phone so it must have thought I was using a different device although it called it the same name! It created a duplicate but never turned on the location history for the duplicate.

Also make sure your correct Google account appears and that 'Use Location History' is turned on.

Hope this helps
    Jas
    Thanks a lot!
    09-27-2018 04:13 PM
    Hi!
    I too have a Huwaeii, but a Mate 20 Pro, so quite similar.

I can't get Maps Timeline to connect with the phone with a secondary account. No matter what I do, it only displays this phone on the primary account.

I've disabled Location History, and logged out from Maps with the primary account, and then logged on with the secondary account, and activated Location History with it.

Still no reference to this device in the device list. I can see my previous devices there, so I have disabled them.

I've cleared data and cache from Maps, but every time I afterwards start Maps it reconnects with my primary account first.

So, then I immediately log it out and back in with my secondary account.

I go to Location Sharing, or Settings/Location History and it tells me to activate the feature, which I do. Still not listing this device in Location History settings.

I really want to use Location History on my secondary account, or both, but not only on the primary account, since that is my work account, and not connected to my Local Guide account. Also, I'd prefer to save the data on my private account.

Hope this helps
    Jas
    03-05-2019 05:06 AM
    Similar thing solved my problem (honor7c).Log in your google account using desktop computer using browser than goto google dashboard and Activity controls. at the moment direct link is ( https://myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols ) than section "Location history" ,check if location history is ON.If it is ON look up for text "Devices on this account" that does not look as link at all, it looks completely as normal text and unimportant.
    By clicking on that text that is actually link, it is being showed up a list of your devices, among them your device that is listed as inactive .Activate it and check if location history is working, i forced it using FIND MY DEVICE function.The device has showed up after a few minutes in location history .
    The list of active devices does not match the list of devices shown in menu found in google play device manager settings.
    Maps Timeline Not Working-screenshot-2019-10-26-19-34-49.png .
    I posted image too.
    And I hope I helped someone.
    10-26-2019 02:33 PM
    Similar thing solved my problem (honor7c).Log in your google account using desktop computer using browser than goto google dashboard and Activity controls. at the moment direct link is ( https://myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols ) than section "Location history" ,check if location history is ON.If it is ON look up for text "Devices on this account" that does not look as link at all, it looks completely as normal text and unimportant.
    By clicking on that text that is actually link, it is being showed up a list of your devices, among them your device that is listed as inactive .Activate it and check if location history is working, i forced it using FIND MY DEVICE function.The device has showed up after a few minutes in location history .
    The list of active devices does not match the list of devices shown in menu found in google play device manager settings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-10-26 19-34-49.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	312271 .
    I posted image too.
    And I hope I helped someone.

This worked for me, thank you.

For some reason, the location for my device was set as off, and didn't record my activity for the last month. I find that very odd.
    01-03-2020 06:53 PM