GO SMS pic linking to website in message?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
recently updated my GO SMS app,

before update: send a picture, picture shows up in message

now when i send a picture, text shows up @ recipient with "view message at (url)". no picture is shown in the message.

i'm not much of a fan of this change.

is there a way around this or--am i missing some setting?
i changed the resolution from 1M to 300KB, thinking maybe it was a size issue. but that's not the case, either.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. Usually when that happen it as something to do with your carrier and not app.
Have you tried wit the default messaging client to see if it's the same?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
From the Android Market:

-- GO-MMS service (FREE), you may send picture/music to your friend(ever they are no GO SMS) through one SMS with 2G/3G/4G or WIFI

Maybe you somehow selected the GO MMS service and just need to deactivate it in the settings.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
cleared app data
when attempting to send another MMS, Go MMS messsage came up within GoSMS app:
so, i went to GoSMS menu>settings>MMS Settings>but there is no option to disable this feature so that all pix sent (to non GoSMS users) appear as links to a webpage.

using GOSMS, sent myself a pic message, it showed up fine.
but, looking @ the conversation list--under my name it shows the URL "http:gosms.en.3g.cn/D?f=LONGLISTOFLETTERS"

this is going to make me uninstall this app & go back to Handcent.

stoneman1982

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
cleared app data
when attempting to send another MMS, Go MMS messsage came up within GoSMS app:
so, i went to GoSMS menu>settings>MMS Settings>but there is no option to disable this feature so that all pix sent (to non GoSMS users) appear as links to a webpage.

using GOSMS, sent myself a pic message, it showed up fine.
but, looking @ the conversation list--under my name it shows the URL "http:gosms.en.3g.cn/D?f=LONGLISTOFLETTERS"

this is going to make me uninstall this app & go back to Handcent.

Did you ever figure out how to disable GO SMS from storing images on the internet? I cannot believe they are storing private images online.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
when your attaching a picture using the GoSms app, be sure to use the link on the bottom far right that just says 'MMS', and not the one that says 'Go MMS', ..

It is my understanding that using the link that says 'GO MMS' will indeed shoot your photo to the Go servers and i believe unless your recipient is also using GoSMS they will be provided a link to view the photo using their method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez