Launcher Pro Slowdowns

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Moto Droid 1, with 2.2 stock. I am running Launcher Pro.

I am constantly going back to my homescreen after using say Words With Friends or Handcent, or various other applications, and the LP homescreen is blank, and needs to take a few to repaint all app icons and widgets. I assume it's out of memory and is restarting LP.

Are there any things I can do to prevent this from happening, with out jeopardizing the performance or memory of the rest of the device? Maybe allow LP to utilize more so it doesn't have to constantly restart when I am trying to do some good multitasking?

Any advice is appreciated.

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Moto Droid 1, with 2.2 stock. I am running Launcher Pro.

I am constantly going back to my homescreen after using say Words With Friends or Handcent, or various other applications, and the LP homescreen is blank, and needs to take a few to repaint all app icons and widgets. I assume it's out of memory and is restarting LP.

Are there any things I can do to prevent this from happening, with out jeopardizing the performance or memory of the rest of the device? Maybe allow LP to utilize more so it doesn't have to constantly restart when I am trying to do some good multitasking?

Any advice is appreciated.

In LP's settings there's an option to keep in memory, I believe it's under advanced. Check that box. If you are on CM7, go in to Cyanogenmod settings and check the box for keep home app in memory. Hope that helps.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Also check your cache. Might want to do a little cleaning. i have aCCleaner and it automaticly cleans out my cache every 3 days.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Still happens

Hello,

I did go to Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage > and set it anywhere from Light to Medium, but it still seems to be happening. LP is constantly restarting itself when I come out of "memory hungry" applications back to the home screen.

Do you mind sharing the name of that Cache cleaner? I use Apps2SD and it has a built in cleaner when you start the app, but I have to go into it to use it, it's not automatic.

M