Naming Scheme in GoogleMusic

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is appropriate forum because it does not relate to the app, but more so the general naming scheme of artists. I am importing my entire library from Itunes, which I have kept extremely organized and all artist names match-up and are correct. However, when it is importing, I notice a few are not transferring over correctly. For example one 50 Cent song, which is named correctly as the artist in Itunes, is listed as www. hiphopblog. com (put the spaces as this forum creates an actual link) as the artist in GoogleMusic. Does anyone know the reason that this is happening or how to prevent this?

penk

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
that's probably entered as one of the other ID3 fields, and somehow is being read with a different priority.

beyond that, no clue.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
As always: check your tags. Most apps use the tags. iTunes doesn't always properly use them.

Edit the tags on your PC, not on your device or else you'll constantly have tag issues. Copy/resync once the tags are corrected.

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup, as everyone said you'll have to go directly into the song file and properly edit the ID3 tags. I've also kept my iTunes library immaculate, but ran into this mess once I switched to Android. From now on I'll be using a different application to edit my tags.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non