How to get rid of "internal storage required please turn off usb storage" tag while using WhatsApp?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How to get rid of "internal storage required please turn off usb storage" tag while using WhatsApp?

Hi, I'm using CM11 (cm-11-20180711-UNOFFICIAL-jenad.zip) on a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 GT-S6500D.

I've been having trouble to use whatsapp even though mi external SD card has the folder for whatsapp media, but no way to make/listen audios, pics, videos... as it gives me that warning and cannot proceed using the app as I used to with all the functionalities.

To give some context, I'm using Xposed Installer with XInternalSD module that works fine, and have tried UsbStorageUnmountter Wakelock Instant Releaser and RemoveUSBStorageWarning modules as well just in case it could make a difference, but nothing has changed.

Has anyone had the same experience using CM11 in the past and solved it? Haven't find anything, only warnings made in other sites that it could happen using certain apps that default on the sdcard for memory, not being able to properly use all of its features, but mentions throughout the web as well that there are workarounds for WhatsApp, maybe try an older version? Anyway, any help coming my way will be welcomed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to get rid of "internal storage required please turn off usb storage" tag while using WhatsA

Hi, I'm using CM11 (cm-11-20180711-UNOFFICIAL-jenad.zip) on a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 GT-S6500D.

I've been having trouble to use whatsapp even though mi external SD card has the folder for whatsapp media, but no way to make/listen audios, pics, videos... as it gives me that warning and cannot proceed using the app as I used to with all the functionalities.

To give some context, I'm using Xposed Installer with XInternalSD module that works fine, and have tried UsbStorageUnmountter Wakelock Instant Releaser and RemoveUSBStorageWarning modules as well just in case it could make a difference, but nothing has changed.

Has anyone had the same experience using CM11 in the past and solved it? Haven't find anything, only warnings made in other sites that it could happen using certain apps that default on the sdcard for memory, not being able to properly use all of its features, but mentions throughout the web as well that there are workarounds for WhatsApp, maybe try an older version? Anyway, any help coming my way will be welcomed.
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress