Constantly Freezing with Pioneer 8100NEX and Droid Turbo, and other issues

jorenrapini

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the problem is my phone, the head unit, or android auto, but there seem to be loads of bugs with this set up. I've been using this for over a week now, also did about an 18 hour road trip during that time. Here's what I'm running in to:

Biggest nuisance is the constant freezing. Even if I'm just running one thing - google maps, or spotify, etc - it locks up. This happens as often as every few minutes some times, or every half hour to an hour. It just freezes android auto and the only thing I can do is unplug the phone and plug it back in. Then I have to give the navigation my destination again, start up the music, etc. Also half the time when I plug it back in after this, it gives me the black screen saying there was a problem connecting, and I have to reconnect it multiple times. I have not been able to find any sort of pattern to these lock ups.

Sometimes when people call me or I call them, the bluetooth microphone does not work. I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in, then call them back and it works fine.

Sometimes I say "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to work" and it responds that I have to unlock my phone and log in. Actually it's been doing this for a day without fixing itself. Rebooting phone doesn't help. I know it's logged in though because I'll say my whole address, then on the head unit it will say "Home" as its loading the route.

Last problem I have is not a bug, but definitely a UI issue that I hope they change. The limit to scrolling through lists really sucks. I mean really sucks. All lists are limited to like 10 or 15 entries. This makes it impossible to find an artist or play a specific album - voice command is not really great at this either I've found, especially if it's not a very common artist. Because of this I went ahead and bought a 256GB SD card to just leave in there with a bunch of music as a backup and use the head unit's software to play.

I thought I'd post this info for anyone shopping around... it seems AA still has a LOT of work ahead of it. Also, if anyone has any idea on what could be going on with the lockups. My head unit has the latest firmware, droid turbo has the latest update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699