Pulling up stored address on contacts for navigation

jtpark

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something but AA won't pull up stored addresses on my contact list. Is this normal? I can access and call people by telling google now to call a friend by saying their names but I find it weird that it won't navigate to their address. I will tell it to "Navigate to Bob's house" but it keeps replying back that it's not there.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
You're not missing anything, it's not there for Android Auto, or even Google maps on the phone. I just tried it by saying "navigate to mom's address" and it put my destination into maps as "mom's address". I think it works for home and work because we can set those addresses as labels.

Now that more people are using Google maps with Android auto, this is a huge oversight imo. I put in feedback to Google through the app to request it as a feature, but idk if they actually read those.

Posted via the Android Central App

jtpark

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I figured out sort of a workaround with this when I'm in hurry or want to have address ready when I pull in to the car. What works is if I schedule a location in the google calendar. It pops up on google now screen as the first thing to do. I guess this will have to do for now. But I do hope google fixes this oversight.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I figured out sort of a workaround with this when I'm in hurry or want to have address ready when I pull in to the car. What works is if I schedule a location in the google calendar. It pops up on google now screen as the first thing to do. I guess this will have to do for now. But I do hope google fixes this oversight.
Good idea. You can also start navigating to the address with your phone and then plug into your car and android auto will pick up the navigation.

I recently ran into an issue where I was going to a contact's address with google maps navigation and I redirected to another stop. When I tried to continue to my contact's address , I couldn't find it in the "recent places" list.

I also have the address stored in my "starred locations", but then I realized that the Android Auto Google maps interface does not have "starred locations" as a menu item.

That's a big oversight as well. That should be in the menu!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Steven Olson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for your your tip about scheduling it in Calendar. It is absurd that Google doesn't support a simple voice command to Navigate to a Name, At least they should support a qualifier such as from my contacts "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis