New Android Auto interface coming this summer

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Eh, I put little faith in any of their announcements since they have botched wireless android auto for anything other then google phones

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly can't wait for the new version of Android to the phones. It's the fact that in Google maps , You can't change the track in your streaming music service of choice.. It becomes a pain in the ***. Android platform is able to multitask very well. Android auto should be able to do the same.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, as far as I know, it's supposed to be helping very very soon. The new multitasking into face for Android Auto looks extremely promising excited about it how you can view your streaming music service of choice and Google maps at the same time.. honestly though, that's what the AA UI has always missed.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Will there be a way for vehicles to update to the new Android Auto when it comes out?

My Kenwood has a USB that I can update the firmware. I agree with the look being pushed from your phone and it won't hurt to update your radio if possible.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I can change songs thru my music service while maps is on thru steering wheel controls. doesn't bother me that there is no split screen. what I'm ready and waiting for is wireless with my Samsung. I have a wireless charger I have no need to plug my phone in.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wireless Android Auto is already here. All you need to do is have the phone updated to Android Pie.

I agree that multi-tasking isn't that much of a deal as far as AA goes. We just need a different more exciting UI.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just can't wait for the new design Android Auto UI the summer! It desperately needs a re- design. It's non-functional for multitasking meaning you can't run Google maps and view your streaming music at the same time. You have to toggle between two different Windows which is annoying!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
haha it is but on the same screen being able to view your artist and look at Google maps at the same time is a necessity

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Wireless Android Auto is already here. All you need to do is have the phone updated to Android Pie.

I agree that multi-tasking isn't that much of a deal as far as AA goes. We just need a different more exciting UI.

That is in correct. I have a note 9 on pie and a kenwood 9905s and I have no wireless android auto. They only allow it on 4 phones. All google phones.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's what Google originally promised a year ago. But it takes both OEM and Google working together to get this done. It seems that a lot Galaxy S10 users can't even get Android Auto through USB port working reliably, wireless Android Auto support probably is farther down the list of things to do for Samsung.

Wireless Android Auto existed for a while now. The protocol has been established. So, there will be no change in that front. All it's missing is OEMs to implement in their phones.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
not true again. unfortunately I've followed this since I purchased my radio. They only allow it on their phones. it's already possible. they let it slip up for a few days before then turned it back off again. you can find a lot of people talking about this on reddit and other forums. my own note 9 worked for a day. then stopped again the next day. google is holding out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Toyota doesn't allow it. My Subaru does but the unit is very finicky. I've had to replace it once already. Some have several times. Consequently I won't even sync my phone to it let alone use Android Auto.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ever since this morning with version 4.5.5928, has anyone been able to actually activate and start using the revamp Android auto UI? I tried, but I can't get it to work. I tried clearing app data/cache and forced stopping the application to reset everything, and set it up again. Nothing seems to work yet.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
ever since this morning with version 4.5.5928, has anyone been able to actually activate and start using the revamp Android auto UI? I tried, but I can't get it to work. I tried clearing app data/cache and forced stopping the application to reset everything, and set it up again. Nothing seems to work yet.
Same here. Followed all the steps and the option still doesn't show up for me. S10.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Followed all the steps and the option still doesn't show up for me. S10.
Wonderful, at least it's not just me. I even tried to go on to APKmirror.com and download another APK file for the new Android auto update. still nothing. I guess I'll just have to force myself to be patient once again, and wait for the update to reach me. Well, as you can tell, I hate waiting lol... One of the many things I love about technology though, forces me to be patient..