[Closed] Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
htc-one-events_0.jpg
We wrapped up a contest today and gave away a few phones, but you know us, we just can't give away enough stuff! This week we have an AT&T HTC One to give away. This contest will be much like last week's HTC One Developer version giveaway, so if you entered last week or just wish you had, this will seem familiar, with one catch.

• The last video contest was great, but this time we want to see you doing your favorite hobby, whether that be singing, dancing, painting, scuba diving, spelunking, animal rescue, underwater basket weaving, baking... you get the idea. If you love doing it, we want to see it. (Umm... keep it clean though folks.) Shoot a video of yourself with your current smartphone, if possible. Doesn't matter how old and crappy your phone is. Doesn't matter if it's an iPhone. Or an old BlackBerry. We wanna see your face on the screen.
  • Upload your video to YouTube. (You can leave it unlisted if you want, and you can delete it after this contest is over.)
  • THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART: Embed your video in this forum thread. Leave us a message along with it if you want, but all you need to do is click the little video button then paste in the link to your video. Easy as pie. (See the pic below if you need help.)
  • Do you live on planet Earth? You may enter this contest. Open to everyone BUT remember the phones are AT&T versions so if you want to enter you better make sure the device is compatible with your carrier first.
  • We'll close the contest at 12:01 a.m. May 6th. Plenty of time to get creative and get entered. (That's right, for those of you paying attention we extended the deadline a bit to give more people a chance to enter. Yay!)
  • The prize is an AT&T HTC ONE, just the device and whatever comes in the box. Accessories and service are on you. :)
Get it? Got it? Good. Get to it!
64960d1365594986-win-64gb-htc-one-developer-version-android-central-vbulletin-video.jpeg

Last edited:

MJM128

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
re: Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

So I already have the T-Mobile HTC One, but if I win, the device will be given to my buddy that shared in my hobby (cooking!) and helped bake this delicious cheesecake. He was so impressed he's thinking of getting the device when he's due for an upgrade in a couple of months. He's an iPhone user, must convert him to the good side!

Last edited:

hthakkar

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

Hi Michelle, My hobby is to go up on stage & make people laugh.. Here's a video of me performing at the Comedy Store in Mumbai... I couldn't shoot it on my current smartphone (they do not allow photography / videography) so I had to take the official video from them.. It's got some local Indian reference, I hope you get those.. Keep Laughing.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

My name is Tony Hoffman I am a professional BMX racer and motivational speaker. I travel the country throughout the year for racing and speaking to 1000's of kids each year sharing my life struggles with drugs, homelessness, prison and ultimately my redemption of sobriety, returning to BMX racing as a professional and starting a non-profit organization that aims to guide kids in making healthy life choices and engaging kids through the sport of BMX at a summer camp where we award 30k worth of bicycles (100 bikes) each year to camp graduates who participate free of charge.

Speaking to kids is my absolute passion and a talent I am extremely grateful for. The messages I receive back from kids makes speaking all worth it! If you start this video there is a good chance you'll be hard pressed to stop it before it's over! I could really use a phone that has a camera like the HTC One, it would allow me to get great quality photos in any setting! Often times the lighting is very low at my speaking engagements!

AlvinPing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Hey! I'm Alvin, a musician from San Francisco. I write/compose, perform, record, and produce all of my music.

Here's my latest, a fun indie/electro-pop tune called We Can Try. For the video, I sent out partial audio mixes to a few friends from around the globe, who graciously sent me videos of their mad dance skillz in return. The final edit brings it all together, consisting of [some rather hilarious and/or embarrassing] footage shot on webcams, mobile phones, videocameras, and DSLRs.

Turn it up, enjoy, & dance! =]

Kazu Omori

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Hey Michelle!
My name is Kazu Omori, and playing the violin has always been a passion of mine. Here is a violin cover of "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. I Hope you enjoy it. :)
Thanks for hosting such an awesome giveaway!

Brandon Johnson3

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone!

My hobby is playing baseball. I've played baseball since I could remember. I currently play at the college level and if possible, go beyond that. I would love to win that new HTC phone. If I win that phone I'll be able to record better videos of my at bats ha ha.
Thank you!

Last edited:

GarciaM25

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

My hobby? Beretta firearms.... specifically in this video, an Italian, stainless 92FS 9mm with "ghost" grey wrap around grips

As an NRA certified firearms instructor, unwinding by emptying a magazine at a fast pace while re-acquiring the target quickly is the best stress relief! Okay, well, second best..... :D

Greigyboii

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

One (no pun intended) of my favourite hobbies is skiing! This was taken on my HTC Desire HD (old rubbish phone now) is Les Contamines, France a few months back! My partner is holding the phone, I am the one skiing (blue, white, black, grey jacket) who almost fell :p --- how embarassing!

Would love a new phone to take more videos and pictures this winter! [winter is coming].

iceman4357

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Michelle,

Motorcycle racing is my hobby. I actually use my Galaxy S3 on the track, with a program by Trackaroo to calculate my speed, laps times, etc. I do believe that my GS3 is probably the most extreme use of a phone here. Lean angles of over 1G and speeds over 165 MPH. Here is a small clip:

rear cam 2.wmv - YouTube

Caloy9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

From the Philippines with love. Not very impressive even by non-Rubik's-Cubing standards but aside from programming it's all I can do. I can sing though. Maybe I should have sung while doing it...

Christian Castro

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Love seeing traveling and checking out live music! This was the first time I traveled from San Francisco to Austin to catch Austin City Limits.

jermaine151

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm thinking my hobbies suck compared to these folks. Extreme sports, Stand up comedy, Chef, Dancer.. Seriously???? LOL. I develop for Android so unless you have insomnia, I guess I'll keep my video to myself and not win a HTC One.. So sad....:-X

dobri002

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Here is my video of my hobby. This is me performing (at the time) an Olympic Clean after working on Clean&Jerks. I'm not an Olympic weightlifter, but an avid competitive athlete at CrossFit Kinnick. CrossFit is the sport of fitness, focusing on a lifestyle of fitness and health revolving around constantly varied, high intensity functional movements over broad and modal domains. Gymnastics, Olympic weightlifting, sprinting, jumping, and everything else are all things we focus on. This was taken with my Galaxy Nexus

joelz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I love to skateboard and create short skate videos. While I didn't use my phone to shoot, I am currently using an HTC One V, and I like it a lot. For a budget phone, it's got really nice build quality, and the screen looks good, too. Seems like the HTC One takes those qualities to a whole different planet...

Status
Not open for further replies.