Glad it never actually happened!

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
The UK (national) Post Office in 1979 never allowed the Band With to be available for such frivolous tomfoolery. (Band with what?)

Even if a phone could have been used out of doors without being attached to a land wire, it was a stupid idea and would never have taken off.

Just imagine seeing people today walking around waiting for a dial tone and looking down to dial a long number or speak to an operator instead of looking where they were going! It's funny just thinking about it.

I do enjoy these here forums where everyone pretends there are advanced alien versions of those things. Better than Star Trek or make believe visual games forums anyhow.

Posted 14th August by First Class Mail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vix6TMnj9vY

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Um... It's actually "bandwidth", as in a range of frequencies. 😉

Zooom!
I know, it was trying to add a little something. It was badly written by me in the twilight hours I grant you. Did he say bandwidth or spectrum or frequencies or something.. anneehoo.

We spoke many years ago when I had an account here and you were really great.

I stumbled on this courtesy of U tewb and thought it was fascinating. I would have been a mere, err. 22 years old.

I kinda hoped this morning it didn't pass muster so delete the thread with my blessing.

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
This might work if they roll it out :
A hands free! device.
Imagine the other things you could do if your friends also had one of these :

Attachments

• fa5edfec08c60f3b55940bc214d9c2db.jpg
    fa5edfec08c60f3b55940bc214d9c2db.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 9