Why do I have limited memory for new apps/games on my Android tablet?

metalman96

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Limited memory for new apps/games on Android tablet

I hope someone can help me with the following situation. I have a Proscan PLT1066 Android tablet that I gave to my daughter, who plays games on them. She is happy with it except for one thing The problem, is that when she tries to add more games or apps, the tablet complains that she has insufficient memory. In other words, it seems to limit this to less than 1G (882MB), and she usually has to remove something before installing something new. What baffles me is that the tablet already has 4G or memory and l also added an additional 4G microSD card, all of which it recognizes, but in the end the device's storage settings still indicate only the 1G (882MB) available for new software. The remaining 7 or so GB seems to be sitting there unused.

If anybody knows how to configure this device to use all (or at least more of its available memory to add more apps) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Limited memory for new apps/games on Android tablet

Most apps/games cannot be loaded only to an SD card. The main part of the app is on internal storage, and some data is able to be moved to the SD card. If you have a 4GB tablet, it has 4GB including the operating system, system apps, etc. Assuming the OS, etc takes up approximately 3GB, it has approximately 1GB available for all the stuff that you download or create.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non